I need to say that I've never attempted anything like this before, so here is what I've learned so far. Fit is everthing. My first attempt at putting on the louver panel was a bad idea, too much body work would have been required to make it look right so it was cut off. The second time I made the panel fit nearly perfect. And attached it. It should have fit better because the scoop warped slightly. NOT because of heat. The louver panel is made of stronger metal than the scoop, so the scoop conformed to the panel. Once we realized what was causing the problem, we reshaped the louver panel with well placed 2 x 4's and some small body hammers. The scoop went back to its natural shape almost immediately. Small sections of flange was left so that I could use screws to hold the panel in place. I'm not a metal worker (I'm a math teacher) so I do not have a lot of different clamps. The screws have been removed and the holes weld shut. After grinding down the welds, I realize that VERY LITTLE body filler will be needed to finsh the scoop. I will spend alot more time on fit, before the scoop is welded to the hood. I've learned a lot so far, this is one really cool project.