new alarm install

Discussion in 'Car Alarm, Remote Start and other Accessories.' started by sk8 luder 97, Aug 1, 2009.

1. sk8 luder 97

sk8 luder 97 New Member

hey guys im going to get my alarmed installed soon and these are the add ons i got. what do you think?

i have the python 990

and im gonna get these add-ons...

EI 507m tilt sensor
    DEI 520t backup battery
    DEI 513t piezo siren(2)
    DEI 506t audio sensor
    DEI 508d radar sensor

i have a 97 honda prelude

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

The Python 990 is way over priced. You do realize that spending more does not translate into better protection. Seriously if you wanna throw money away, your on the right track. All alarms protect cars the same way, so as long as its installed properly it will offer excellent protection. My car has an Autopage system with remote start. Its 10-years old and still works flawlessly. For what you would pay for that Python, you could get an Autopage with Remote Start, have it professionally installed and have money let over.

With that said, the tilt sensor is a waste of both time and money, if your worried about your wheels, use wheel locks.

The back up battery, why, did you forget to install a hood pin switch.

Audio sensor, whatever

Radar sensor, do you really want your alarm to go off for no reason all the time??

Seriously, if someone is gonna break into your car, they will regardless of the additional add ons. And the alarm will still go off, whether those add ons are there or not.

Don't waste your money on the extras

Note: I am not endorsing Autopage, just needed an example and I have one in my car. My truck uses a Code Alarm. Again all alarms work the same, regardless of price

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009