need stereo expert help

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by dirtyd, Mar 4, 2012.

1. dirtyd

dirtyd New Member

Hi, i have an 09 chevrolet silverado. I got my stereo installed in my truck pretty much when i got the truck, i have 2 kicker cvt 12's dual 2 ohms running in parallel so 2 ohm impedence. My indash had crapped out, so i upgraded to the newer alpine indash i dont know off hand which one but it has gps and as well got the 3 modules installed, for the steering wheel controls to work, bluetooth , and for my onstar.

Now I am running 0 AWG wire for power and ground to a 1000 watt kicker amp last years model. I got the indash installed maybe 5 months ago, whats happening is intermittently , the indash will just turn off . I pulled the radio fuse and the indash turns on once fuse re installed, also the stereo will work for weeks and all of a sudden my subs wont turn on ,

if i have the stereo going for a while say 10 to 15 mins, the subs will turn on but when i would turn the truck on it has the 5 min delay before power being completely turned off or when you open the drivers or passenger door, but upon doing so, there would be a boom sound from the subs, but then some days the subs will turn on right when i turn the truck on,

i have the stock battery, 2 lead posts out the top and has the clamp for the connections , some times i will hop in the truck and turn the key but there is absolutely nothing, i have to loosen the power wire and re seat it , almost as if its not getting a good connection but infact it is, but you jiggle it till you hear the door ding tighten it down and the truck starts, I'm thinking theres a light short happening, i figured i would try to get some help before i tear appart the dash once again check for any pinched wires.

Could there be a possibility of there being a compatibility issue with the modules with my truck? hope the write up was thorough enough and makes sense some one help thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2012
  2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I'm not sure what your doing, Alpine either has built in Bluetooth or an Alpine add on Bluetooth module can simply be plugged in to the Alpine.

The interface I would use is the PAC Audio OS4. It should do everything you need. Retains OnStarĀ® when the factory radio is replaced
    Retains Factory Bluetooth (2009+ model vehicles), Retains rear seat audio controls, Retains factory XM, Retains all warning chimes (chime module included)'
    Retains back-up sensors/park assist, Retains back-up camera signal, Retains factory BOSE audio systems, Retains factory premium BOSE audio,
    Supports non-amplified audio systems, Steering wheel control harness (pre-wired) (still need the steering wheel module), Dual zone function,
    Chime volume adjustment (factory buttons), Rear seat audio and video (GMRVD) required, OnStar volume adjustment, Retained accessory power output (R.A.P.)
    Reverse Wire output, VSS (Vehicle Speed Sense) output, Illumination output, Parking brake output
    Also has, XM Text displayed in the Driver Information Center (cluster display), Retains lane departure warning system and Retains OnStar Turn-By-Turn voice prompts

This is the interface to use and it works, just put on in a friends 2012 truck.

3. Estight

Estight New Member

it is very difficult to solve your problem from here you just ask any expert to make a visit and check your stereo

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012