need help with my linc LS 04

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by cfb2004LS, Jan 12, 2007.

1. cfb2004LS

cfb2004LS New Member

the engine light came on i just had a alpine system put in i took it to the dealer that said it was the ground i had a second one put in and they said that was the problem so we took it out the light is still on its been over a week now plus the car looses a lot of power if i come to a stop it hesitates and has no power until i get the RPM up ?what to do?

2. Throttletune

Throttletune Full Member

If the check engine light is on, there should certainly be a code or codes stored. Any help there?

3. cfb2004LS

cfb2004LS New Member

a ground code keeps coming up but the grond is good

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

what is the code number?what year car.i have codes for all OBD 2 cars from 96 on up.

5. Throttletune

Throttletune Full Member

I like that. A ground code.

6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

lol a ground code??? I really no nothing about on board diagnostics but a ground code just sounds funny

7. Throttletune

Throttletune Full Member

Seriously cfb. Need something more than a vague description of what someone "said" regarding your Lincoln. With around 30 modules on that car, it could be a bit challenging to decipher the description given.

8. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

its a linclon, throw a match into the seat and walk away!!!!!!

9. cfb2004LS

cfb2004LS New Member

I'm a chef not a audio guy.. at the dealer they said it was coming up as a bad ground so i had the place that put in 3 alpine PDX 1000x1 and 3 alpine tipe x subs and a PDX 450x4 amp to take out the ground they did...nothing... can anyone help instead of blah blah blah

10. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

so the dealer said its a bad ground. Was this happening before you had the audio installed? Did it start after it was installed? Sounds like the installers may have cut a wire or did something without knowing it when they installed your system. I would check the wiring and look where things are mounted to make sure they didnt drill into something or cut something by mistake when they did the install. The dealer should be able to pinpoint a much more better description to the problem then just saying its a bad ground.. maybe try another dealership.

11. Throttletune

Throttletune Full Member

Dammit Jim. I'm an auto tech not a doctor!

You get blah blah blah when you give blah blah blah. GIGO

Why is it people think the less info, and even worse, the less accurate info, the less it will cost?

12. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Whats a ground code, never heard of that one.

13. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

what year car?i'm still waiting on that code number so i can look it up.

now i just need to know!

14. CadillacETC1997

CadillacETC1997 Well-Known Member

lol
    all obd2 codes are specific....
    a ground code it MAY be but the actual code will help figure out what it is...

15. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

Ground code?

Sounds like your mechanic is cooking up a scam.:puke:

16. Throttletune

Throttletune Full Member

Naw Haute. People hear what they want to hear when it comes to car repair. Get someone calling for a phone quote and you tell them "$11.00 for the part, $200.00 to install it" They bring it in and next thing you know you get the.......

"But you said it was only $11.00!!!!!!!"

Someone told that fellow it may have something to do with a ground, and that's all he heard.

17. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I'm seriously gonna agree with Throttletune.

Over the years we have learned to NEVER NEVER NEVER give estimates over the phone. We have found that customers never diagnose a problem correctly. And you never tell them "well, it could be this" because if "this" is cheap thats the only thing they hear.