need help plz

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by zin, Jun 30, 2006.

1. weird22person

weird22person Full Member

So going with a DVC you get an extra 250W free.

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

650 watts is not needed for that sub...250-300 CLEAN watts for that one Infinity is more than enough. Also mono amps are class d meaning more efficient but normally not as good sound quality as class ab amps like 2 channels.

Zin, are you looking to upgrade to more woofers in the future or just keep it real with one 12?

Weird, that 250 free watts isnt going to be as clean because when impedance goes down distortion goes up.

Another note, Zin, it is up to you now to choose what amp...I'd say the MB Quart because it is clean and has the power to push more than your one 12 if you get another one in the future.

3. weird22person

I posted an earlier thread about 2 and 4 ohm and no one said there was a difference in sound quality. So there is a difference?

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I say there is...some say differently.

I mean I've heard an amp at 1 ohm and the same amp at 2 ohm on two 15 L7s and I could hear a difference...Maybe I just have better ears than most people:)

5. zin

zin Full Member

heya guys, may add another sub some day, so would really like a lil more power than the sub calls for that reason, and because i can get a stronger amp, say runnin 550x1@4ohms like that hifonics, which i'v heard good things about, and just keep the gain down so it dosnt have to run hard to push that 12, should be clean power and run cool too, right?

6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Hifonics is good...I like the design of those new Brutus amps. Just make sure you don't use the bass boost!!!

Zin, what kind of enclosure are you looking to put this sub in...Remember that enclosure affects power handling also.

7. zin

zin Full Member

well, they will be sealed box or boxes, just realized crutchfield is doin a buy1 get 1 free on the kappa12.1. may have to get 2 small boxes from q-logic instead of 1 thast holds 2 :/. anyway, from what i understand sealed will prolly give me better sq. want hard, tight, nice low bass.

p.s.the single sealed is 1cf inside and the double is 2cf inside and are q-logic boxes.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Those boxes should be fine. But you will prolly get easier results with the double box instead of 2 separate ones.

Those in a seal enclosure will be perfect (no pun intended lol) and get real low...Well good luck on your install. Tell us how it sounds after.

9. zin

zin Full Member

cool, thx for ya help anzboi3644 :) just went out to the truck and no way the double will fit behind seats, will have to look around to see if can find a double that will. again, thx for all the help. bout ready to start orderin some stuff now:D

10. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Check out MTX amps. Very good quality and put out more than advertised. Check out ubid.com and look for the mtx 942 amp, the last time I checked they had it for like 240 or something close to it. It will put out around 1000 watts bridged in a 4 ohm load. But that thing can pull over 150 amps at full power so make sure your electrical system is good to go. Also check out Crossfires, Hifonics, or infinitys make pretty good amps as well. Have fun, but dont be cheap on the amp, you are going to get a great subwoofer, just power it properly and it will sound great.

11. zin

zin Full Member

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16368
    with this amp, how will i have to wire my 2 subs, they are 4ohm svq, 350 rms 1400 max 12.1 inf kappa perfects. is there any way to wire them so amp sees 2 ohms?

p.s.will be runnin another amp at 100x2 for the front, i can still run the stock elec. system with all this cant i. lol sry for the diff questions here :)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2006
  12. weird22person

2 4 ohm in parrallel makes 2 ohms:cool:

13. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Wire your two subs in parallel to the amp...Yes you can run it with your stock electrical system but first you must upgrade "THE BIG THREE" haha

Meaning replacing or running a new wire with 4 gauge or bigger the:
    -wire from the alternator to positive terminal on the battery
    -wire from the battery negative to the chassis
    -wire from the engine block to the chassis

Doing this will greatly improve your electrical system...after this and if your lights still dim....new high output alternator will be needed.

14. zin

zin Full Member

ok cool, thx guys. was wondering how many amps the subs will be gettin if i wire them at 2 ohms, amp will make 1100x1 @ 2ohms. 550 watts per sub?? or will both see 1100 watts?? told ya was noob lmao :stupid:

is parallel like the + from each sub goes to the + on amp and same for the neg side??

15. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Parallel is all pos to pos on amp and all neg to neg on amp.

Subs will not be gettin the full wattage the amplifier can produce if you have your settings correct...You may want to take your setup to a local shop and have a professional tune your gains and settings if you don't want to blow everything.

And Zin, we were all noobs at some point in time. But thats what we're here for.

16. zin

zin Full Member

ok, but if the 2 4ohm subs are wired in parallel and the amp runs at 1000x1@2ohms how manys watts is each sub seeing? 1000 each or 500 each, just tryin to figure out how many watts each get in this kinda setup.

17. weird22person

Divide the total watts by the number of subs. 1000/2=500.:cool:

18. zin

zin Full Member

ahh, i see. thx for clearin that up for me. glad i found this place, lots of good help here it seems.:yes:

19. weird22person

Glad to help...
    Thats what this place is for...former noobs helping current noobs:D

20. zin

zin Full Member

ok these subs call for 75-350 rms, 4ohm svq. looks like the amp i will go with says 657x1@2ohms which means the subs will be gettin roughly 328.5 watts apeice, will that be enough for them to do the best they can?? and also will it make the amp have to run hard riskin gettin to hot. i will likely be playin it pretty loud most times. or should i look for even a bigger amp, say one that does 400-500 watts to each sub? thx again for all the help tryin to get me goin in this :)

p.s. they have a sensitivity of 96db and will be in a sealed box
    have seen several diff peeps sayin the are puttin 240-280 into them and hittin hard, but those are product reviews so dont know if it could be right or not, figured u guys would know.