My Project

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Chevyman, Jul 16, 2008.

1. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

elemental designs defends the rating of the SQ10. oh well

2. Forum.Border

Forum.Border Full Member

If you get those CVT's and throw alot of power at em like 1000 watts to 2 12's you will be the envy those buddies you were talkin about

3. Chevyman

Chevyman Full Member

I think I'm gonna go with the CVT 12's and the Kenwood amp for them. Next, Ill make a mock up box with cardboard and give yall the dimentions.

Thanks for all of your help so far,
    Chevyman

4. Forum.Border

Forum.Border Full Member

just curious what is the good ol' RMS on that amp, i could look it up, but i am a little tired haha

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

RMS Power Rating:
    4 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan.
    2 ohms: 900 watts x 1 chan.
    1 ohm: >900 watts x 1 chan.

you could have just checked your own link. lol

6. Chevyman

Chevyman Full Member

Ok, now that I have decided on the correct subs and amp to power them, I need to start thinking about my component setup. I'm only considering Alpine, Kicker, or Kenwood even though I understand that there are better speakers out there for better prices. I'm doing this because I'd like to have an all-around system. To send power to whatever component yall help me choose, I would defiantly like to use another Kenwood amp.

For the component speakers, I'm trying to stay under $300. For the amp, I'm trying to stay under $160.

So far, in my research, I like these Kicker components: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11516_Kicker+KS650.2.html

and to power them, this 4 channel Kenwood running at 2 ohms:
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11791_Kenwood+KAC-8404.html

It would be great if you would leave your comments, questions, and suggestions.

Thanks,
    Chevyman

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  7. Forum.Border

Forum.Border Full Member

Hey, i am a very lazy person at times haha

8. Forum.Border

Forum.Border Full Member

Unless you have a constant party in the back with people very picky about sound quality i would just put components upfront and a set of decent coaxials in the back for fill. Along the lines of those Kicker RS you could try Alpine type R, they are within your budget

9. pedro quiroga

10. Chevyman

Chevyman Full Member

11. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

what your budget for your speakers? why do you want to run them at 2ohms?

edit:

sorry my bad, i was too lazy to read. lol it's 300, right? That hifonics amp is a good amp. With the components you should look at polk, CDT or if you don't want to spend that much you could also look at phoenix gold RSD's I've heard good things about them. they're cheap, clean and loud.

you may also want to take a look at focal and DLS. they are also within your price range.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  12. Chevyman

Chevyman Full Member

Yea, I'm trying to stay under $450 for an amp and speakers, but I was trying to stay in the realm of Kicker, Alpine, Pioneer, or Kenwood for the speakers. I considered the Alpine type R, but when I look for amps to send them that much power, it beats my price-range.

13. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

well, got to tell you. Kicker makes good subs but the don't make good separates or caox, pioneer and kenwood is also not in the league as the brands I mentioned.

Is there any reason why you would only want to stick with the brands you mentioned?

14. Chevyman

Chevyman Full Member

Actually after I read your post I changed my mind. Haha idk why I'm being so picky. Ill look at the ones you recommended.

15. pedro quiroga

do you have any shops around you where you can take a listen to some speakers.

cause even an average speaker can sound good with a good solid install and speaker placement and proper power and crossover settings.

16. Chevyman

Chevyman Full Member

Yea I've heard a couple. I'll go to a few stores in the near future. I liked the Alpines more than any others that I've heard.

17. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

if you want a smooth warm sound then go with polk. they get ridiculously loud and still sound good doing it.

18. pedro quiroga

BIG POLK FAN^^^^^ lol. i have them too and they are nice, but let your ears decide for you. everyone hears differently.

19. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

polk is honestly probably gonna be the only brand of speakers that im ever going to purchase for myself. their sound simply brings my ears some closure.