My New Subs/box

Discussion in 'Pictures and funny Stuff.' started by pedro quiroga, Feb 28, 2008.

1. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

pedro i say its time for you to get crafty and build your own custom box!;) you should put a sheet of plexiglas over the subs so we can see em! make it look like the dual box at bestbuy...:lmfao:

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i wish i had the know how and tools to build my own,but those tools would just go to waste as i am not a build it yourself kind of person.

3. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

ahh ic, well if you're interested i would be willing to build you one. im not a pro but i've built some pretty nice boxes.

4. pedro quiroga

hmmm but that sounds like the shipping may be pricey.

5. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

very true. i wouldn't charge you much anyways. i just like building good boxes for good subs.

6. pedro quiroga

thanks tho:)

7. pedro quiroga

ok fellas. i found out why my 12's wdidnt sound right to me. turns out one of them got unplugged from the amp. so i was only playing one.

now with both playing...i have to say holly molly:eek:

these guys rock! but still dont get as deep as the 10. i also have to reinforce the box somehow. i can here the front baffles(?) rattling bad at really loud vol's.i'll just add more screws to them.

also on a side note last night i got ride of the false floor and mounted the amp to my rear seat back.with the box in front of it.

in the process i did this by accident..
    [​IMG]

these are for my front dash speakers.600 hz 12db per oct hi pass.

i guess they dont like to be squished under the rear seat. oops.
    was kinda wondering why my balance was off.had to set it more to the pass side.

that was a quick enough fix anyways. i just adjusted the hi pass xover on the nine.5 to compensate.(they run with the rear 6x9's)they dont like to low of bass,but where they are at now(i'm guessing 300+hz) they really blend in better with the doors.

now i have to either get new 350hz hi pass for them or put my hifonics amp back in play just for them,and use the radios built in xover.

that way i can have a really nice 3 way systen up front.i'll just have to loose the tweet hooked up with the door. no big deal. i'll just wire it in with the dash speakers.

8. pedro quiroga

ok.now i really had a chance to open these bad boys up on my way home.

had to listen to my new bass mekanik cd on my ipod.

i can skip that thing at will now!(cd player)

i would have made a small vid like the coins on the roof vid,but some shmuck got pulled over right in from of my neiborhood's entrance where my bass wouldnt **** anyone off.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  9. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

obviously the bass is pounding now.. vids!!!

10. pedro quiroga

will have to wait.:cool:

11. pedro quiroga

ok...vids.sorry about the quality.my phone is quicker to upload to photobucket.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Damn, nice vids! your truck pounds now! how many watts is your nine.5 putting to the subs?

As for the buttons rattling, I have no idea how to get rid of that. I have a problem with my ceiling consol (i guess that's what you call it) were you put your sunglasses. The cover rattles like crazy. I still have to figure out a way to take care of that.

13. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

not bad pedro, almost as nice as mine haha

how much was that probox you got?

14. pedro quiroga

i got it for 119.but thats for the kicker. the current box is a homemade/custom?? not sure. got it and the orions for 100 even:D

15. pedro quiroga

well on icix i read a thread and someone said "the nine.5 is rated at 600 watts, so by rated power they are getting 300 watts each.

But as mentioned above, the actual output is closer to 900 watts (in my experience), so you could see as much as 450 a piece"

i hope it's this much. 50 under rated rms for the orions.:D

16. pedro quiroga

omg i want this!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

17. pedro quiroga

is that not a bad ass install?