My New Subs/box

Discussion in 'Pictures and funny Stuff.' started by pedro quiroga, Feb 28, 2008.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

the opening for the eq is perfect for tuning

2. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Nice! I forgot you got a new box for that kicker, did you build it? Looks nice.

3. pedro quiroga

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

all these were in the rain.lights on,wipers on and,defroster on.

sorry cell phone vids

4. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

beautiful amp pedro! that thing is HUGE. how many watts are going to the sub?

5. pedro quiroga

no its a probox.

ProBox: 110SQSPB

6. pedro quiroga

450 but it sounds like more.

edit.... it feels like more.when i went out to move my truck.i played it a little.bass up higher than normal.lol.

and my neighbor came out and asked if i could not do that anymore.she said the plates in her cabinets were rattling,along with the windows.
    my windows were up.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  7. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

that was with the windows up??? that amp must be underrated.

8. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

lol, don't you hate neighbours. I go to the nearest parking lot lol or drive. That amp puts out 600 watts rms on the sub channel i think.

9. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

ok at 1 ohm and 12.5 volts lol not bad..

Model Name : NINe.5 Amplifier
    Large 5 Channel Car Audio Amplifier
    RMS Power @ 12.5v : Front Channels
    4 x 100 @ 4Ohm @ 0.05%THD
    4 x 175 @ 2Ohm @ 0.05%THD
    2 x 350 @ 4Ohm @ 0.05%THD

RMS Power (Subwoofer Channel) @ 12.5v :
    1 x 250w @ 4Ohm @ 0.09%THD
    1 x 450w @ 2Ohm @ 0.09%THD
    1 x 600w @ 1Ohm @ 0.09%THD

*Dimensions
    Height : 2.25
    Width : 10.25
    Length : 25.5

10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

$350 for a beast like that? not bad at all. I think pedro is running it a 2ohms. but it rated at 12.5 volts. so what kinda power do you think it'll put out at 14.4v?

11. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

there your answer cccullen. that amp is pretty impressive. I gotta get a job to invest in something like that. ha ha

12. pedro quiroga

so then i must be getting at least a good 500 watts or so.maybe a little more

13. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

i assume the subs lovin it?

14. pedro quiroga

i believe its asking for more.lol.

15. pedro quiroga

[​IMG]

quick question.i dont have a distro block that has a 4 gauge out.so i'm running 3 8 gauge's into it.

i had to use 3 fuse's 2 40 amp and 1 50 amp fuse.under the hood is a 150 amp. too much not enough or just right?

i would prefer 1 fuse at the amp,but i dont want to buy another fuse holder for 35 bucks.

should i just throw one of these in it......?
    [​IMG]

if so then what size fuse.the amp didnt come with any recomendations.or any fuses that i can see.

16. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I'd get some 0 gauge for that amp just so it can run at its full potential with less voltage drop at the amp.

Three 8 gauges is equivalent to a single 4 gauge. well with the short run though 4 gauge will work. Whats the voltage at the amp terminals at full blast??

A 60-80 amp fuse is fine

17. pedro quiroga

i've already bought 20 ft of 4 gauge from ED. 0 was 6 per ft.i got mine for .81 cents a ft.=16.20 total.as opposed to 120 bucks.i would have liked to get 0 but no one around here sells it by the ft.

did you know even the JL audio 4gauge wire is not true 4 gauge.it has more insulation than wire.

anyways. i'm getting 13.48v at the amp playing at a pretty loud listening level.

bass hitting hard it drops to 13.23v.not too bad for stock.lol

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  18. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I don't like JL wire...my friend had JL 4 gauge in his car...my Knu Kolossus 4 gauge was huge compared to his JL sh!t

This that voltage at the amp terminals??

19. pedro quiroga

yup. i dont think thats bad at all.do you?

20. pedro quiroga

ok.remember the box i bought that started this thread?

well its in my HT set up now.i rented a few movies tonight and put in beowolf and man does that thing wang! mind you i have them wired for 4 ohms and are getting maybe 35 watts each from my yamaha sub amp.

imagine them getting 300 each in the truck.i may test them out tomorrow,and if i like them i'll have to put the spare back on the roof.