My Mom Has A "?" For All You Guys!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by manutdfan7, Mar 31, 2009.

1. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

I am typing for my mom.......

"I'm just curious, in light of the fact that my son (me lol) is considering not going to college, as to whether most of you guys have college degrees (and in what) and what kind of income you bring home in order to pursue this hobby. Any responses would be appreciated.

Thank you

Sincerely, "Mother Of Manutdfan7" :)

2. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

does she think everyone thats into car audio is a loser? lol
    i mean, if you dont think college is for you, then you shouldnt go and waste your money. it isnt for everyone..thats why everyone doesnt have a degree and work in the office, someone has to do these other jobs that dont require college degrees..
    but as for myself, im in college and im seeking a degree in criminal justice as of right now..and i work in the mall to keep up with this expensive hobby lol

3. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

Im a freshman in highschool! lol, im probably going to college though just cause i know i need a degree to persue my dreams. I already am in debt from wanting big boy toys! haha

4. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I have a degree in business administration i wanted to go for my masters but i decided i didn't want to go back to school. I currently run my family owned business. It's still hard to keep up with my hobby though even though i have a good job. Man, tuition fees for my kids is getting ridiculous so i usually just do everything slowly so my wife won't get mad at me. lol

As far as if you want to go to college or not, that's totally up to you. It is easier to get a good job when you have a degree and jobs don't fall off of trees nowadays but if you want to be your own boss like a lot of my friends that don't have degrees, it's going to take a lot of work!

5. jonnyv713

Alot...............

6. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

i didnt know you were a freshman in high school!

7. jonnyv713

yup, 15 years old!

8. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

i guess you learn something new everyday lol. i thought i was one of the younger guys on here and im 19

9. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

GO TO COLLEGE. This is a good and fun hobby, but not a job. I just got my degree last year and if everything works out, I will leave this industry soon. Most good installer leave because this is a dead end job. There is no way up.

Please finish school, its a lot harder to go later in life. I know, I started back when I was 36 and graduated last year. I am now 49 and cannot wait to leave this industry.

Don't sell yourself short, too many make that mistake and regret it later in life

10. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

dang dude had NO idea you were 15
    that sucks you cant even drive around wit dat system lol
    and thanx for the posts guys
    keep um coming
    my mom wont be back till sat because shes in florida seeing her mom so ill have her write you guys back when she gets home lol

11. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

funny thing is.....he can drive it around. rangers right go to school.

12. jonnyv713

Yup! He's right, here in South Dakota, we can drive when we are 14 so it's all good!

13. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

dam dude dats sweet!!!!!
    im 17 and i dont even have my license yet.....
    due to the fact that you have to go threw drivers training and it costs like over 300 which sucks and you have to sit threw 24 hours of class!!!!!

14. jonnyv713

I took a drivers ed class like that but it was even longer!

15. DatDude08

DatDude08 Full Member

Though I can't say this is my hobby, yet (I race motocross) I say you need to go to school. I'm 17 and college is the next step for me for sure. Look at it this way in 4 years after high school you are going to be 22 regardless of whether or not you go to college, but you could have a much better job at 22with a degree than without. Of course thats not guranteed with the economy right now.

Driving at 14 in SD. I never knew that and would not want 14 year olds around here driving :eek:

16. jonnyv713

dude, i consider myself a VERY good driver! I have been trusted by multiple owners of $20,000 cars to drive them.. I have also raced those cars on the dirt oval AND the strip! Now, i understand you not wanting OTHER 14 year olds driving, but I am the exception cause i am just that cool! lol

17. DatDude08

DatDude08 Full Member

Yea I never said you because you took drivers ed you'd be fine im sure, but drivers ed is not mandatory in Alabama so i wouldn't want kids around here driving.

18. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

dude i wish you didnt have to take drivers ed here.....
    im a good driver and i dont need that
    alot of my friends let me drive their cars even tho i dont have a permit because i expired lol..............

19. jonnyv713

you dont have to take it here either. lol, just lower insurance rates, and i have HIGH risk cause of my ticket so i am thankful i took it.

20. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

dude how do you afford it?:confused: