My Honda Element Build

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by H8glasswerk, Jan 28, 2011.

1. H8glasswerk

H8glasswerk Full Member

Installed a second battery and a power supply to run the vehicle at SEMA.

[​IMG]

Started assembly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You'll notice the rear seat belts are still in place. This is because I got impatient and wanted it assembled now to cruise. My other plans would have me tearing it all back down again anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  2. connerray2010

connerray2010 Full Member

wicked nice!!!! you still build, like do you have any othere builds in progress or others in the past? you do som nice builds and i like to look at this kinda stuff, keep it up.

3. H8glasswerk

H8glasswerk Full Member

Thanks man! Oh yeah, I still build. And I have a lot of other vehicles I can post. After I finish up this one I'll start up another thread.

4. connerray2010

Awsome. Very nice work. Do u build for fum or business

5. H8glasswerk

H8glasswerk Full Member

For business mainly, but I'm trying to build a shop here at home this summer so I can try to make it fun again. Lol!

6. connerray2010

were you live? i might want somthing done in a year or 2 (around tax time lol).
    about what did materials and labor cost on somthing like this build. i know it all verys but shoot a rough figure excluding audio equipment and wireing.

7. H8glasswerk

H8glasswerk Full Member

Man it could vary from 400 in labor to 15k. It depends on how much of the car you want to change and how much time you're going to give to do it. When you're ready to do it, we'll just have to sit down sketch out some stuff and do some interior renderings. That install in the Element was done in one month. I would have gotta about 6k just in labor for that install (you haven't seen it all yet.) Not counting the stuff I did to the exterior.

Oh- I live in Oklahoma. Stillwater area.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  8. connerray2010

heck yea, im right down here in the river valley of AR. clarksville area. hr-hr1/2 from fort smith. what im going to be wanting is to wall off the back of my bimmer from rear of trunk to back of front seats with a front that will be easily changeable when i get bigger subs. but yea, ill keep you in mind in a year or two.

9. H8glasswerk

H8glasswerk Full Member

I've done something like that before, fairly cheap too. I have thousands of photos to go through, I'll see if I can find it.

10. connerray2010

yea, nothing fancy, there really isnt much room to get too fancy lol, if you can find some photos even in a bmw would be awesome.

11. H8glasswerk

H8glasswerk Full Member

Lol! I don't have one in a BMW, but I once did a 10 cubic ft box with a 300 cubic inch port in a 2-door Toyota Corolla GTS coupe.

12. connerray2010

i figure theres enuff room for ~10 cubes maybe a lil more. if i just walled off the trunk i can get close to ~7+ then there still a lot more to go in the back set so ye, but ill let you get back to your photo upload. keepm comein, more i see more i want lol

13. H8glasswerk

H8glasswerk Full Member

[​IMG]

So this is where I removed the fiberglass shell, to do my rear fill pods and rear fill amps. This is also where I removed the rear seat belts and built filler panels for their holes.

Decided to put the amps in the rear side glass. Started with some steel tubing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trimmed the plastic for the tubing.

[​IMG]

Decided to do a cross bar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Removed the bar for finish welding.

[​IMG]

Had to split the bar into two to make it removable from the vehicle. Welded a smaller diameter tube into one of the ends for a centering pin. Then drilled and tapped it for bolts to hold it all together.

[​IMG]

Mounts for the amps and the speaker pods.

[​IMG]

Sent it off for powdercoating, and made a buckle to hide the seam in the bar.

[​IMG]

Installed.

[​IMG]

14. H8glasswerk

H8glasswerk Full Member

So I wanted to build floating pods for the rear fill. That could swivel out the back of the vehicle at shows. We have a vac-form machine here so all I had to do was make tooling for the machine.

These just wood circles stacked on one another. Reducing in size to make a cone shape. And Duraglass to smooth it all out. The raised sections are just solid duraglass sculpted with rasps when the duraglass started to "green".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is the plastic vac-formed pieces.

[​IMG]

The one on the left has the front face panel attached and some body work done. The other is the finished product.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. connerray2010

what are the pods for? looks?

16. H8glasswerk

H8glasswerk Full Member

Right after I painted them I decided I didn't like the way the colors flowed with the rest of the install. So I repainted them. I'm very picky. But these are my rear fill speakers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And they swivel to fire out the back of the Element.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  17. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

nice work! I never had access to any vacu-forming equipment in my days. Looks like you working in a very nicely equiped shop

18. connerray2010

No joke. I may only be 19, but even with my dads tools, all iv had is a drill, skill saw, saws all, and kitchen knives lmao. And all but knives were my dads

19. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Conner.....ya gotta start somewhere........

Dont laugh!

I remember when my first install was an old kraco power booster, and an cassette to 8 track convertor, integrated with a factory radio....all this crap was from the local pamida or some place like that....it worked and was done with electrical tape and some cheesy zip cord....