my build on my 04' monte carlo LS

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by eviling, Jan 12, 2011.

1. H8glasswerk

H8glasswerk Full Member

Are you going to paint or upholster those?

2. eviling

eviling Full Member

upholster, i'm going to cover it in Vinyl, i'm almost ready to finish it up, I havn't had the weather. it's been nice today but I didn't really feel like working on it but it's going ot be even nicer tomorow so i'll try and finily finish it tommorow, i've lost allot of my modavation for this lol lost all of the momentum i had. :p

3. eviling

eviling Full Member

I've been held back by the weather, today was the first mildly acceptable day in a long time and i really didn't get anything done. i've begun preperations to vinyl it, but i'm having trouble figuring out how to do it. :(

but i'm done with the driver side, it just needs to be vinyl'd and it's done. I wasn't abble to finish bondoing out fills on the passenger side last time i was working on it, i goed snow'd out...i know snow -_- weathers crazy lately.

anyways...i mounted up the passenger side for the first time since I mocked it up with the ring. I have NO IDEA what happened but it happened in a good day, I know the one gentleman pointed out that if my air bag went off it would of hit pod, well apparently something happened..i have no idea, maybe when I was mocking it up i didn't have the trim piece all the way in and didn't realize it, but in the end they were exactly even and it worked out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  4. eviling

eviling Full Member

5. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

man those pods are turning out really nice! I'd like to do something like that in one of my vehicles.. hmm may be my next project!

6. eviling

eviling Full Member

yeah now all i need to do is finish them lol i'm having some difficulty doing thus though as i'm pretty unexperienced :( or rather when it comes to wrapping these... completely unexperienced.

7. H8glasswerk

H8glasswerk Full Member

Unless you stitch those, they are going to be very difficult to do. The problem areas is where they drop off. All the extra vinyl is going to want to bunch up around those areas. I would mix up a big batch of filler and build those up some more and get them to taper.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  8. eviling

eviling Full Member

yeah, well i'm going to get a quote from a shop, gonna see what it's gonna run me i think i'm just gonna have to eat it and get it done, because this is how i want them to look and this is how I want vinyl, so yeah stiching is the only thing ive heard is the solution and ive seen some stich work from some of the really good guys and i must say...i don't think i have any kind of skill like them guys, not enough to get it looking the way I want it at least :(

i could fill it out on the passnger side like that but on the driver side if i filled it out like that' i would NEVER get the pods in lol if you look you can see my dash sits up a good 4-5 inches taller and tapers down towrds the corner.

9. eviling

eviling Full Member

ive come up with a solution thanks to some good guys over at diyma.com, one of the shop managers who frequent the site hooked me up with some info, he set me up with a link to a place to buy some synthetic suede flocking, spent 50$

10. eviling

eviling Full Member

progress!

i've come up with a solution, i've been informed of this method called "flocking" and i'll be doing a synthedic suede flocking, ive already ordered up the parts (for links you can PM me) I also cleaned up the ****ty paint attemp i made last weekend, and i'm in the middle of reaplying some patches with this glazing puddy i found in the bondo section :) works great for them small spot skim coats, and i even used a little to fill out some lows i missed but was to lazy to mix new batches of bondo for.

anyways, right now i'm on some dry time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. eviling

eviling Full Member

alright, well ive started over on the pods pretty much. switched drivers, the L4's wanted way to much air and i would of never been able to give them that much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    new circle jig to make the rings :)
    [​IMG]
    my work place, working in the rain :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    mocking up the driver side mids and tweets
    [​IMG]
    pasenger side mock up with tweets and mids
    [​IMG]
    about to wrap driver side
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. H8glasswerk

H8glasswerk Full Member

That's better. That will be possible to wrap in vinyl now.

13. eviling

eviling Full Member

this is true, but i am probably still gonna flock em.

14. eviling

eviling Full Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  15. eviling

eviling Full Member

16. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

What are you gonna do with the Sony now?

17. eviling

eviling Full Member

the sony? it's already sold. i sold it to a gentlman in jersy, i dont know what he did to **** it up though because he just called me a couple hours ago saying it died on him...so idk whats up with that. but i'm RMAing it through the vender i got it from for him but idk what happend.

18. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

Dammm :( I needed something for the Vette man. haha but hell of a job on the build. We got a 2002 SS Intimidator edition Monte. They really are nice cars.

19. eviling

eviling Full Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

was kind of a rush job, i'ma fill it in a bit more tomorrow and sand the **** out of it and get them finished by the end of tomorrow.

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  20. eviling

eviling Full Member

this is my final setup when everything said, of course i think I'm planning on changing rear's but, ive added this MINI DSP unit to retain rears and still have full control with the MS-8. the mini DSP unit will function as a cross over in this application. i won't use any of it's other functions but it's a rather robust and useful item. does many many many things. for rears i might go with a 2 way set, perhaps something passive, unsure yet, it's yet to be determined. might go with something like my old faverates the JBL c608gti mkii's :D i sitll have a set laying around, i could drop them into a custom baffle, or i could eve mount the tweeters up onto the corner panels and make this project really sparkle :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2011