mechanics advice

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by pedro quiroga, Jul 20, 2008.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

have one. all i need now is a new tube.

i got some peal and seal from work to put a shield on the repair to keep the rad hose from doing it again.

i dont wish to spend 250+ for a filter charger kit from K&N.

2. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

so then your tube is somewhat specialized? too be honest if you're glue and tape is solid then i wouldn't worry about it

3. pedro quiroga

im not going to worry. the local salvage yards dont have it. :mad:

so it will stay till it breaks or i find one cheap.

"so then your tube is somewhat specialized?" i dont know what you mean.

its just a reg oem rubber air intake tube.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  4. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

i didnt think it cost 250$ for a basic K&N setup

5. tyrant1014

tyrant1014 Full Member

yeah, they are expensive as hell. Sure a lifetime warranty is great, but they do make you pay for it. :D

Looks like it is holding up well, just keep an eye on it from time to time

Dude, what you could do is go down the ricer aisle in auto zone. And Piece together duct work, that is what I did for a temporary snorkel on the jeep and it worked really well.

6. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

i think my problem is i wasn't looking at K&Ns but probably just some cheaper stuff. is K&N really that much better other than the warranty?

7. tyrant1014

tyrant1014 Full Member

And it isn't a paper filter, so you don't have to get another one, just wash it. Over time the savings do add up

8. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

so then all non paper filters are expensive?

9. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

i wold guess al non-paper/washable/rechargeable ones are. lol

10. tyrant1014

tyrant1014 Full Member

Yeah, they tend to run a tad more than your standard paper filter.

11. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

haha alright, i just learned something.

12. pedro quiroga

thats an old pic of under the hood. the filter cost 40. its the hose assembly from k&n w/ the filter thats pricey.

oh and ty i did go down the ricer isle and the inlets are too small to make anything work.

13. tyrant1014

tyrant1014 Full Member

Damn imports, slowly destroying the auto parts store, one location at a time. It won't be long before napa starts carrying stuff like that :eek:

Now, this is going to sound stupid, but did you try the plumbing section of the hardware store? They actually might be able to help you out to macgyver something a little more permanent

14. pedro quiroga

i thought of that but a friend at work said the air flow would create a static charge. i dont know what he's on.lol

anyways the bend in the pipe wont work.

15. tyrant1014

tyrant1014 Full Member

Static? I agree what was your friend on? Oh come on pedro... that is where a blow torch comes in to bend the plastic a little bit.

Redneck En-ja-neer-ing at it's finest. :D I say that loud and proud

16. GohillaAudio

GohillaAudio Full Member

dont use wd40 on your ignition stuff, as it is conductive like most other liquids, and will do almost the same thing water in a dizzy cap will do

17. tyrant1014

tyrant1014 Full Member

No, wd 40 evaporates, it is used and is in fact safe for electrical components because it removes water from the electrical stuff. It is used almost every day, in that exact fashion.

18. pedro quiroga

well i geuss if i had too i could find my torch and fab one up. dont need it now but i'll look into it. i have a lowes down the street from me.

19. tyrant1014

tyrant1014 Full Member

You know that was only about 1/3 serious the other 2/3 joke right?^_^ But If you do it, I will have a level of respect for you that goes beyond this galaxy