Looking to trade my brand new 9KV2, for a signle 10"

Discussion in 'Car Audio Classifieds' started by boostdfoci, Feb 8, 2007.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

thats a clean set up man!NICE!!

2. boostdfoci

boostdfoci Full Member

Anz, when I try to do that on the RE calculator, it raises the tuneable hertz to 40, I though tthe box should be tuned to 35 hertz?

3. boostdfoci

boostdfoci Full Member

the box in the trunk is 32 inches wide X 11 deep x10 high. The new triple box will be 37" wide X 9.5 inches deep X 16 inches high.

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Boostd....you have to manipulate the numbers man...change the length of port length number 2 until you get the desired tuning...lengthen the port to tune lower and shorten it to raise tuning

As for tuning...the box does not HAVE to be tuned at 35...you can tune it at any frequency you like...tuning has to do with relative gain.

Higher you tune the peakier the response will be and the louder the bass will be...at the expense of a little low end....the lower you tune the flatter the response curve and the lows are emphasized a little more.

Depends on if you listen to music with a lot of really low bass notes like 30Hz or lower.

5. boostdfoci

boostdfoci Full Member

Once again thanks, switched to a 20" 2.0 inch port tund to 35 Hrz. This thing should souns sick with three 9KV2's!

6. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

i have a dual 10 inch box(RIT) or 2 single 10 inch boxes but i got rid of my jenson dual bandpass enclosure

7. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

stuff 026.jpg
    stuff 027.jpg
    stuff 028.jpg
    heres some pics of the enclosures and those subs are being sold seperately

8. Spkrman

Spkrman Full Member