Looking for a 10in solo x

Discussion in 'Car Audio Classifieds' started by manutdfan7, Mar 23, 2009.

1. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i'll answer this one. i had a 10 just like this last year. i had it in a 2.0 cuft box with around 700 watts and i was able to average an spl score of 136~7 db's.

which for 1 10 is nice and loud.

Attached Files:

3. pedro quiroga

actually at one show i hit a 138.4. you should know the box is key. a good sub can a will sound horrible in the wrong box.

4. bryanmundia

bryanmundia Full Member

I think it sounded great for the application I used it for, which was basically just listening to music. I really never used either the amps or the sub to its full potential, but trust me, when I did turn it up, I turned heads. People couldn't believe that it was only 1 10" sub in my truck. It was a great setup.

5. bryanmundia

bryanmundia Full Member

The 4 channel amp powered alpine 6.5" type r components in the back seats and focal 6.5" components in the front.

6. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

dam dude dats crazy
    what kinda box did you have?
    u make it your self?

7. bryanmundia

bryanmundia Full Member

Yeah I made a custom fiberglass box for it which fit under the back seat of my '03 dodge ram quad cab. It was sealed box and had about 1.0 c/f of air plus it was filled will polyfil so the speaker thought the box was almost double the size. I miss all the audio stuff but my new car has a really nice stock pioneer and boston acoustic system in it so there is really no need to change anything. The car came stock with a Pioneer AVIC-F900BT and 6.5" boston components up front and 6.5" three ways in the back plus a powered sub. Attached is a picture of the box.

Attached Files:

• box.jpg
      box.jpg
      File size:
      7 KB
      Views:
  8. pedro quiroga

no it was a PROBOX brand box. in my opinion its one of the best prefabs out there.

9. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

dude do you still have da box ? lol

10. pedro quiroga

no, sold it along with my sub.

11. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

how hard is it to make?
    when i get da money i would pay u 2 lol

12. pedro quiroga

it would be easier to pay someone near you.

13. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

got a point there lol
    what would you recommend for 15's if i was to buy some ?

14. pedro quiroga

what kind of budget are we talking about?

15. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

im really looking at a max of a thousand on my system all together

16. pedro quiroga

hell thats deff do-able. is that all at once or one peice at a time?

the first investment should be the head unit.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  17. pedro quiroga

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/CD-Players/DEH-P7800MP

this is my unit. by far the best unit ive ever owned. now back then it did cost me 420.00 but it was well worth it.

look for one with good output voltage and other features like eq and xover. 3 pre amp outputs is good too.

i know that most come with what is needed to control an ipod. i wish this one did when i got it,but it was only a 50 unit. the sat radio was 99. but unless you plan on getting all that just look for one with useful built it features you'll use.

18. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

well...this is going to happen in the summer like i said and if i get my old job working grounds crew and the local college like last year thats a guaranteed 40 hours a week and i have a job interview and DQ 2morrow (im pumped about da free ice cream!!!:) ) so that will be a minimum of 20 hours a week as well so ill be bringing in the money for sure so i would say have everything i want in my car 2 months in.....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2009
  19. pedro quiroga

^^it shows i edited your post^^ in fact i was edited my "quote" in your post. i missed spelled a word.

just letting you know in case you was wondering.