Looking for a 10in solo x

Discussion in 'Car Audio Classifieds' started by manutdfan7, Mar 23, 2009.

1. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I was about 14 in '87. I remember we set up a camaro with pile subs and i think a pioneet amp. It sounded like crap but we liked it. hahaha

You are old school pedro but that's a good thing. I got back into car audio when cerwin vega subs and RF amps were the shyt. then i stopped when all the stuff from Orion came in.

2. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

haha, thats sweet pedro! old school is awesome, i really wanna do just a full out old school system! the amps from back in ure time, haha, were the shiza!

3. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

i just got into it about 6 months ago.....
    one of my buddies here has a kick A system and thats what got me into it....
    he basically taught me everything i know....which is not much but im having fun and learning.....

4. bryanmundia

bryanmundia Full Member

10" Solo L7

I don't have a SoloX but I do have a 10" Kicker L7 Solobaric. I want 75.00 for the sub, it is around 1-2 years old. (I don't know exactly but it has a silver and blue cone). Oh, and dual 4 ohm voice coils.

5. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

how many watts can it hold?

6. bryanmundia

bryanmundia Full Member

1,000 max rms

7. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

600 rms. used to have one. awesome sub.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  8. bryanmundia

bryanmundia Full Member

yeah but i think it can max out at 1,000 watts. I had 900 watts going to it and it could take alot more.

9. pedro quiroga

im not saying it cant handle more power its not wise to give any speaker its max rating on a daily basis.

10. bryanmundia

bryanmundia Full Member

Don't get me wrong, it was an Alphasonik PMA2300A bridged so the rating was 900x1 but i never had the gains turned up all the way or anything like that. Plus it was in a sealed enclosure and we all know that those take more power to get a good sound out of.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  11. pedro quiroga

ok i see. then you can say you had plenty of headroom for the sub.

Headroom in analog audio

In analog audio, headroom can mean low-level signal capabilities as well as for the amount of extra power reserve available within the power amplifiers that drive the loudspeakers.

12. bryanmundia

bryanmundia Full Member

Pedro,

Any insight or recommendations as to selling my equipment. I am relatively new to the forums and I think people are having a hard time trusting me. I have been in the car audio scene for 10 years and since I just sold my truck I am looking to get out and do the whole family thing with my new car and don't have the funds for new equipment and need the money for my old stuff. Anything would help me out.

13. bryanmundia

bryanmundia Full Member

14. pedro quiroga

it looks like you might get a sale for the 10. i just didnt want manutdfan7 to get confused as to how much power to send to the sub.

if it doesnt work here you could always put em up on ebay. good luck with the sale's.

for 75 bucks thats a hella deal i aint gonna lie.

15. bryanmundia

bryanmundia Full Member

thats what i have thought but damn, even on craigslist no one wants to give me 75 bucks for it.

16. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

heck, if i had the cash, i would buy it! Solobarics are awesome!

17. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

yeah I know I would to man, but I am broke.

18. bryanmundia

bryanmundia Full Member

Well everything went on ebay yesterday. PM me if you would like the links.

19. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

wooo lol you guys went at it since yesta day lmao
    and i looked up the max wattage and its 1200
    and dude if you can post the links to that on ebay i will def check it out....

20. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member