Liftedranger"s 2010 build

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by liftedranger08, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

nice man :) cant wait for it all to be done :D

2. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

nice. its lookin real good!

3. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

jonny, fly down for sbn :)

4. jonnyv713

haha im broke! i wish i could though. I'll start savin up cash now and ill come down next year or the next.. haha

5. liftedranger08

liftedranger08 Full Member

Well i got a lot done to my box today. I got the port in place, the port hole in the baffle cut out, the sub holes cut out to the exact size, and the hole for my plexiglass insert cut also. Heres some pics. Its starting to look like a box now actually. :hairtrick: :hairtrick:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

It's looking good man

7. agrimm34

agrimm34 Full Member

I wish I was close so I could hear a demo. Nobody is interested in car audio where I live. Haha

8. liftedranger08

Well i got a package today. 84lbs ftw. :) :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I do have some bad news about the floor i was working on. Come to find out, the damn thing aint wide enough. WOW what a rookie mistake. :( I guess im gona have to redo it bc there aint no way to widen it since its all fibeglassed together. O well, **** happens i guess.

9. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

that thing looks like a beast man

10. liftedranger08

I was coming home from school yesterday and went to stop, and i pushed the brake pedal and it went to the floor and the truck kept going. LOL Come to find out, my tire has rubbed a hole in brake line. I gota order two new brake lines monday. Since ive got it in the shop, i can go ahead and work on the battery box. I figured id give yall an update on the truck and pics will posted today of the battery box.

11. liftedranger08

Well i started on my battery box today. Its big enough to add 1 d3100 on each end and i can also take the 2 little batteries out and put 2 more d3100 there. All i got left is the front and top. Im gona make the top lift up so i can access the batteries. Im gona fiberglass it and paint it black. What yall think about it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. liftedranger08

I got my bracing put together today. 6 pieces total. Each piece has 1 1" x 2" x .25" plate on each end with a 5/8" steel bar between them.
    The bracing
    [​IMG]

The bracing just standing in the box not screwed in. I no its crooked now, but it wont be when its screwed in.
    [​IMG]

13. liftedranger08

Well here is the center plexi window. It looks awesome. A big thanks to Brandon from Custom Addiction Creations in Florida.
    [​IMG]

14. jonnyv713

this is lookin sick dude

15. liftedranger08

Im gona put some blue leds for the eyes, and white leds shining up from the bottom.

16. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

Damn man it's getting close
    looking good

17. tyrant1014

tyrant1014 Full Member

looks bad ass

18. liftedranger08

Well i have to work today, but i got a lil done on my battery box. Not much, but i got the front put on and i got some pieces in the bottom that will space the batteries off the bottom.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is sitting in my yard. This thing may have come to life in the future. :) I see potential in it. :hairtrick: :hairtrick:
    [​IMG]

19. tommy2tone

tommy2tone Full Member

That's a '68-'72.What year is it?Does it have a 302 or 390?What are your plans with it?

20. liftedranger08

I think its like a 71 and i believe its got a 302. I have no clue of whats going in it, but ill be shooting for 158s at 20-25 hz on the term lab.