Liftedranger"s 2010 build

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by liftedranger08, Jan 7, 2010.

1. liftedranger08

liftedranger08 Full Member

Well, hopefully ill be able to start on the top of the box tomorrow. I had planned on getting it done tomorrow, but i gota work at 2 tomorrow. Im gona get up early and get as much as i can done. Be expecting plenty of pics.

2. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

sweet looking forward to em' haha

3. liftedranger08

Well i got some more progress done today. :)

The top and 2 sides cut out
    [​IMG]

My homemade pipe clamps. 2 of many we have in the shop.
    [​IMG]

The top and sides glued and screwed. I had to use a little brace at the bottom to hold it square since there wont be a wood bottom.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The back piece glued and screwed on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All i gota do now is cut out the 2 front baffles, fiberglass the inside, and cut out holes for subs, ports and all thread. :)

4. liftedranger08

Well i had some resin left over from the gallon that i bought. It wont enough to do another layer on my floor so i put it on my back wall of the box.
    [​IMG]

5. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

its looking good man. you work pretty fast lol

6. liftedranger08

When i get something in my head, i get to it. HAHA

7. liftedranger08

Well i got the front 2 baffles cut out.
    [​IMG]

Uh oh, looks like a miss cut. HAHA. Jk, i had to cut it 2 inches longer to be able to fit the subs on the baffle.
    [​IMG]

8. liftedranger08

I got the subs drawn out on the front baffle. I cant draw the circles for the port yet, bc i aint sure exactly how big the flare is on the 4" aero. I should be able to order the ports either tomorrow or wednesday.
    [​IMG]

9. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

coming along nicely. cant wait to hear this thing at SBN.

10. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

This Ranger is gonna be sick!

11. liftedranger08

Well, i changed box designs again. Im gona do a slot port across the top. Its gona be 24x4x20. That gives me 96 sq inches of port tuned to 30-31 hz after its kerfed. :):)

12. liftedranger08

I got a package today. :) :) Woot Woot.

Hmm. What could it be?
    [​IMG]

My new head unit. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I cant wait to get it installed and playing. Driving with out a radio for 2-3 weeks sucks. HAHA

13. jonnyv713

WOW! Driving without bass is one thing, but without a radio at all :eek: How did ou do it?

14. thegaffney

thegaffney Full Member

I had a fuse blow for the radio once, and the on the way to the auto part store, i kept reaching for the volume knob every 2 min or so with out even thinkin about it, i couldnt shake it ha

15. jonnyv713

i have had the volume thing happen to me before too. dont remember why it was out though.

16. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

im disappointed in you lifted, you should have went alpine...lol jk :)

17. liftedranger08

Well ive had really good luck w pioneers in the past so i figured i would stick with them. I guess its all about what you like. lol

18. liftedranger08

Here is the newest box design. Its tuned to 30-31 hz with 96 sq inches of port and it will be kerfed. :). I just couldnt draw it up in sketch up bc i aint that good at it yet.
    [​IMG]

19. liftedranger08

I redrew up the box again bc i did not like the placement of the subs in the box above. I like this one a lot better.
    The sqaure in the middle will be plexiglass.
    [​IMG]

20. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

Man you just can't make up your mind haha!
    I like the plexiglass idea the best that's be pretty tight, maybe throw some leds inside the box around the plexiglass or something?