Lets see what brings you here

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Ranger SVO, May 21, 2007.

1. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Thanks slowm03, I'll mess with the screen capture thing so more later

I can not believe thats all the show offs here.

[​IMG]

2. Pwnstar

Pwnstar Full Member

my system

And to add the Graphics card i am running is a 512MB ATI Radion X1300 nothing big but gives me my gaming needs :)

[​IMG]
    ________
    RC163

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  3. Pwnstar

Pwnstar Full Member

4. Pwnstar

Pwnstar Full Member

5. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Now thats a one cool desktop

6. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

I see Ranger has a joystick in front of him....perhaps you like flight sims?????

I sure as hell do!

7. sl0wm03

sl0wm03 Full Member

Pwnstar, how's Vista working out for you?

What's some good flight games? I used to play them all the time, F-16 Fighter, something like that.

8. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

nice tower pwnstar, AMD too my favourite

yes, everyone's holding out, let's see all the windows 98 computers lol, the white kind!

9. TheViking

I like MS FS2004, and also the MS aircombat, forget the name of it, havent played it in a while....its all WW2 aircraft...

There are a few others I have that are really very good, but no-one EVER plays them on line...so I havent played them in about 2 years.

And about that vista OS.....is it REALLY better than xpee? I mean other than the eye candy BS and such.....And what about music and burning dvd's ...does the DRM kick in a tell you no, you cant do that?

Also, does vista have to have an internet connection to work?

10. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I have FS9. I use it all the time, its how I relax. I also have the New FSX. My computer can run it no problem, but I have run into a snag installing it. I keep getting an error during install (1603 whatever that is) and I'll look into it in the next few days.

So I reinstalled Flight Sim 2004 from my back up Hard Drive, that way all my mods and planes are there.

Its a great way to relax. Whats cool is that I can fly and surf the net at the same time

11. sl0wm03

sl0wm03 Full Member

People say that Vista has more errors than XP, Vista is a brand new OS and ofcourse there will be errors in it. Vista is just an OS, it will not control your drives. No computer HAS TO have an internet connection.

That error is when you run out of hard disk space or have a hard disk space error.

12. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Well thats strange, FSX requires 15 gig worth of space and I have 44 gig available. My back up drive has 88 gig available.

13. TheViking

IF I was to BUY a new OS...I would expect it to perform flawlessly.....

I am loving Linux more and more.....

14. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

You do need an internet conncetion with a new install of vista, it wants you to connect to micr soft to register your copy, if you don't then your out of luck. Their way of trying to protect copying vista. I hate everything about it, also try and download a video or music, if will degrade the video if it's not licensed, it's also spying on your every move, way too much bullcrap for me.

15. TheViking

My thoughts on vista are the same as electros's

Vista can and WILL phuck off........

If those of you that use it like it...then good for you!

I dont claimn to know it all on PC's, but I do know what i do and dont like.....

I need a new OS....maybe the new Kubunto.........

16. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Almost forgot, my tower is now 6-inches of the floor. I built a small stand for it. I just couldn't do a foot. But thanks for the advice, I did not know that.

17. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Unfortunately micr soft has contracts with all the computer manufacturers so all new computers now come with vista. Just something else added to the list the public has no choice in.

I remember when the beta was first released it was called codename windows longhorn.

18. Pwnstar

Pwnstar Full Member

vista isent as bad as alot of ppl say if dose ask u b4 it dose ANYTHING tho but not many problems one big one i found was that running 3 computers like i have aXP dosent see vista so u cant network them togeather :/
    ________
    Vaporizers

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  19. TheViking

Not entirely true..........

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/ubuntu?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

20. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

sweet, i'm glad to see that they don't have complete monopoly.

have you tried it? But i need adobe photoshop and illustrator to work and i beleive i will be sol

Ubuntu OS

Ubuntu is one of the world’s most popular open source operating systems. Ubuntu is a Linux-based operating system that is community developed, updated regularly and offered for free. Designed to be user friendly, the Ubuntu OS comes with built-in software for office productivity (i.e., word processor, spreadsheets and presentation applications), e-mail, calendar, chat, web browsing, photos, and more.