kicker cvr and hifonics amp

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by chris2121, Sep 27, 2011.

1. chris2121

chris2121 New Member

I just installed my first decent system. I have a pioneer 2200 headunit. 4 6.5 pionner speakers run of the headunit. An now a hifonics 1000.1 mono amp and 12" kicker cvr 2ohm dvc. Its being run at 4ohms. The sub handles 400w rms and the amp puts out a supposed 475rms at 4ohms. I have it playing an it sounds good to me but im worried if its clipping. I dont think i know enough to be able to hear it. The gain is only about 1/4 to 3/8th up. Do you think i have anything to worry about. Also i set up the gain with the bass boost on the hifonics remote all the way up and the bass on the headunit all the way up with the volume around 85% up. I like loud music. I worried its overpowered cause i didnt think 1 12" sub would hit so hard. I bought the overpowered amp thinking i would need another sub down the line an i would wire them to 2ohms for a total of 750w rms. Thanks for your help.
    Chris
    Also the manual for the amp suggested never going above 1/2 way on the gain. An i set up the low and subsonic (is that whats it called) to the recommened 12o clock position. I moved them very slightly but i dont even know if it made a difference. It seemed to make it sound a little lower.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011