Kenwood DPX-4020

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by cccullen, Mar 23, 2008.

1. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

My wifes CRV came with this stereo (stock) in her CRV. Got a little problem with it, the CD player skips or jumps very easily. What can i do or should i do to stop this from happening? It's annoying already. I hit a small pothole (we have a lot of those here) or a bump in the road and the damn thing skips.

I got the car used but i know the previous owner didn't use the cd player that often. Could it just be dirty or is there something more to it?

Attached Files:

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

it may be dirty.

get an ipod adapter they dont skip.lol

3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I'm still doing a little research on that. I found this:

Can you believe, i don't even own an ipod? hahaha, i think it's time for me to buy one.lol

Attached Files:

4. pedro quiroga

so it has an aux input.

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

will it sound good if i use the aux input?

6. pedro quiroga

better than a skipping cd.lol.
    yes it will sound,as good as an i pod can sound.it will be a direct input.way better than an fm tranmitter.

it wont be cd quality but it will sound good.

7. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

ok, I guess i gotta buy an Ipod now. Geez, my wife is going to kill me. lol

8. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Funny, i just won another MTX amp on Ebay. got it for $25. it's the MTX RT2200x. it puts out 400 watts bridged at 12.5V. I'm going to sell my RT2100X here now.lol

9. pedro quiroga

how many amps is that for you?

oh i just finished swapping heads in my sis's car and i added an extra bus plug to hook up her i touch.works great sounds good too.

it doesnt control it.it's just a 3.5 mm head phone plug for it.

now i have her radio to put in my mothers car.so now i can add my PG amps in there.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Including the one i have now, that makes 6 amps all together. My china amp, 2 hifonics amps, and 3 MTX amps but the Hifonics and 1 MTX is still be shipped to me. My wife isn't really liking me right now. If you think about it though, i didn't spend that much at all.

i've seen a lot of people using the Ipods with their cars but i never thought of getting into it. my JVC plays DVD's and I can fit about 800 plus songs on 1 DVD so i never thought i would have a need for an Ipod. I'm gonna need one now for the wife's car though, that CD player is really ****ing me off.

you going to put the PG amps to your mom's car??? You must have a cool mom.. Are you going to put subs in her car too?

11. pedro quiroga

maybe 1 12. lol. i'm going to use the M44 and wire it to the front and a sub.

maybe you can trade 1 or 2 of your amps for an ipod?

12. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

seriously? your mom wants a sub? now thats cool... Well, i'm selling my china amp and sony sub to my brother. He's also interested in the RT2100x. He just wants to hear it first. So the 2 amps and one sub are pretty much considered sold.

13. pedro quiroga

no she doesnt want a sub,but shes getting one.lol.

it will be in a small crap box.so i wont have to get yet another box.lol

it will be set to sound good at HER listening levels.just add a little more bottom end.that she dont mind.killer bass.no.just the right amount blended in? yes.

imma try to make it as SQ as possible with what i have.

i like the 20$ tweets i got from walmart.(they actually sound good),and run the built in xover on the amp to the front. 125hz and up should do it.stock power to the rears.

this may not happen anytime soon though.

hell i may even break out the old school 5 way passive xover for her car.and just one amp to run it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  14. pedro quiroga

one of those two will do just fine.

15. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

what's the handling on that vulcan? Says 100watts, is that a 2 channel? When are you going to set your mom up?

16. pedro quiroga

not too sure. when ever i have some time and shes not so busy.
    i have all i need.i still dont know if i want to use the stock head or my sis's old HU.

i will either need an install kit,dash kit,and antenna adaptor.or a good loc with remote turn on.

the vulcan is 50x2 @ 4ohms ,90x2 @ 2ohms or 180x1 @ 4 ohm.

17. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

ure mom does sound pretty cool, my parents wont let me touch their cars anymore. i put a system in the 84 vette, now we have a 93 vette and a 07 monte carlo. my dad doesnt like the bass or anything so he wants to stay stock.

18. pedro quiroga

she really doesnt want me to mess with her car,but i also dont want my PG's just laying around.i would like to see them used.

selling them is not an option at the moment either.

19. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

ya thats a good point. i hate to see my 1 EHQS sittin in my room lol.

20. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

hook a brotha up! :D