JVC KD-R626 need help pls.

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by benny_Vd, Jul 14, 2011.

1. benny_Vd

benny_Vd New Member

Hey i have a JVC KD-R626 that comes up with "MISWIRING CHK WIRING THEN RESET. UNIT" when ever i try to turn it on. but the problem is that the wiring is fine, see my mate has the same head unit so i tested his player in my car and it worked. and then to be sure i put my KD-R626 in his car and it still came up with the same message.

The Cd player was working fine intill about a week ago when i was driving alone listening to the radio hit then i hit a bump in the road and it cut out and then started to came up with the message.

I've only had this unit about 6 months.

I'm not sure what to do about this is there anyway that i can get it fixed or fix it? or am i looking at a new unit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. shriver187

shriver187 Full Member

is there some kind of reset button on it?

3. shriver187

shriver187 Full Member

ok i did a little searching.. behind the faceplate there is a reset button.. get a pen and push the reset button and see if this fixes the problem... if not let me know

4. benny_Vd

benny_Vd New Member

Hey i tried the reset button but it didn't work :( . I've asked around and it seems that the unit has an internal fault. So i've decided just to buy a new unit because it's probably going to be easyer and quicker then getting the other one repaired.
    anyway Thanks for the help.

5. shriver187

shriver187 Full Member

what brand are u wanting to buy for a new unit???