January 27, 2009 approx. 6:03PM

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by aznboi3644, Jan 27, 2009.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

HEY! ........lol

2. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

Man That Sucks But Atleast Every1 Is Ok...
    And As For Your New Vehicle I Would Recomend A Durango. I Love Mine! Lol.

3. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I hate Dodge with a passion though

4. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I'm not a dodge fan either... you should get something that won't empty your wallet when you go to the gas station. I know gas isn't that bad now but you never know, it may go back up...

5. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

yeah...I'm looking for more of a daily commuter that is good on gas. Hell I could have probably had a 3K watt system for all the money I've spent on gas lol.

I've estimated that if going from my truck to a 4 cylinder 5 speed car I could save over 1000 dollars a year...easily.

6. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

EXACTLY!!! so is Dora totalled?

7. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I think dora is totalled...the rear doors are hard to open cuz the body is deformed a bit. Rear hatch won't open...yeah shes totalled

8. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

I am sorry to hear that. My car has been deemed totaled twice haha. shes still lookin good to me and it surprisingly drives perfectly straight.

9. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

oh man! sorry to hear that.

10. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

yeah I have liability...so I couldnt get a rental car. But I've been beasting through snow drifting still. I really need to have someone take a video camera of my drifting...I'm probably the best I've seen in town. Everyone else just does donuts...I drift young Padawan.

11. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

LMAO snow drifting, iam still trying to get the hang of it lol. if your unibody is bent at all the insurance company will total the car, just a saftey hazard to put back on the road, thats the usual rule of thumb anyway.

12. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Its quite easy with my Exploder and 4wd...i just keep it on AUTO and not even 4WD.

I just turn and gas it...the rear end slides out...I counter turn and gas it for a second...the front tires pull forward and the rear end swings around to the other side...counter steer and gas it.

Basically I can drift S's all day and then when I get to the end of the parking lot I let the rear end swing all the way around and modulate the gas pedal for a 180 drift and back at it.

I'll try to get a vid tomorrow before the snow melts

13. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

videos! videos!

14. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

i do that very same thing but there is an awesome road instead of parking lot. very discreet tho so no 5-0

15. bgmike

bgmike Full Member

its time for a 1st Gen mazda protege they have 4wd drive model but kinda hard to find, so i wont be the one with a protege in this forum lol. idt think it will be considered a total loss since you said you were able to drive it around. i think all you need is a new back door and latch, but it might not line up like before.

i had a worst accident than that and i was able to fix it.
    [​IMG]
    then after i fixed it.....
    [​IMG]
    still needs work but it will be done soon.

16. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

hit a truck huh? something taller then you? looks like you slid right under the rear bumper

17. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

My first car was a 1994 Mazda Protege. White. Two bazooka CS10's in a pref sealed box firing up. Bazooka CS150.1 amp. Alpine deck and Pioneer coaxs.

T-boned an old school ford bronco...my car was like yours..except the radiator was smashed into the engine block and my hood was smashed up I couldn't see over it...totalled. Only 64K miles on it too. I was sad.

18. bgmike

bgmike Full Member

yea i hit a jeep. wow my radiator also hit my block, luckily i had a radiator(from a toyota) in my garage and i just bought a hood and the light. but crashed cars never run the same :(

19. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

What a quinkydink, I crashed out my 98 HondaPassport with a Modded Isuzu 3.5 Litre swap in it, and my engine block went through my radioator too!, but nor before smashing the engine fan to bits, bending the engine fan clutch, shooting pieces of fan into the oil filter and busting a engine mount, lol. odly enough no air bags... the subs were safe though, good ole kickers.

20. bgmike

bgmike Full Member

accidents do suck. aznboi was your protege an lx or dx?