introduction / my setup

Discussion in 'Pictures and funny Stuff.' started by GohillaAudio, Mar 13, 2008.

1. GohillaAudio

GohillaAudio Full Member

hello everyone, just found this forum, and i have to say it is FULL of very useful information, my name is austin, im a diesel mechanic from springfield, mo

heres a few (crappy) pics of my ride, and whats bumpin it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

system:

2 15" powerbass 2 ohm dvc 800w subs ran in series and parallel for 2 ohm load
    2 6x9 infinity kappas
    2 audiobahn 5 1/4 components
    clarion drx6575z head
    2000w bazooka amp bridged mono

i know its not the best system in the world but it pounds unbearably hard in my little car, those powerbass subs really suprised me...they hit harder that the 2 15" p1's i had it it before i blew them up.

what do you think guys?

2. DMP

DMP Full Member

Looks pretty good. Thats what my setup (different brand) looked like in my first car/install.

3. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Nice setup...I like those Powerbass entry level subs.

Ranger here put two of the entry level 12s in his sons car and said they were really really loud

4. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

didn't ranger say that his sons car kick the snot out some other guys set up? I've been hearing great stuff about power bass subs. Man, 2 15" subs... that's got to pound. Nice set up!

5. GohillaAudio

GohillaAudio Full Member

thanks guys, these things do hit extremely hard, the box in the picture is no longer in the car, it was a shotty box (i guess) and one of the sides got blown out, there in a ported box now, the sealed box took most of my trunk, but good lord the ported box takes up ALL of the space, in order to get the box in, i had to remove the rear seat and the rear deck carpet, then i had to cut the lip that rolled off the rear deck and bend it up to allow clearance to fit them in, i bent the lip back down and put it all back together and not i at least dont have to worry about someone stealing my subs....i have had too many systems stolen, so with this one i made a steel ring at work, bent it a little to get it in the box, and epoxied it in, then once the the epoxy dried, i took my sub, and marked where the screw holes would go, drilled out the holes thru the wood, and the steel ring, put the subwoofers in to position and pop riveted them in. TAKE THAT THIEFS, the amp is also riveted to the spare tire cover (fender washers on the other side to grab them)

all of my speakers are riveted in too haha, unless they bring a cordless drill with them....they arent taking crap

6. GohillaAudio

GohillaAudio Full Member

sorry there not in a ported box,there in a Vented box

7. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

meanings are synonymous...I'd call it a Helmholtz Resonator

8. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Welcome! Nice setup, that bazooka amp is not anywhere near 2000 watts lol, they are good amps though. I have two rsa150.2hc amps that are blown but they did pound out some nice power.

9. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

These pushed 560 watts rms at 2 ohms each amp, RSA150.2HC

Attached Files:

10. GohillaAudio

GohillaAudio Full Member

yea, i suspected that, none of the lower end amps push what they claim.

im gonna say at the most its pushing 800 real watts, it will bump the subs really well, BUT at the rated power i should be close to blowing them.....and i have TORTURED these subs, and nothing...not a bad amp though, it did seem like it pushed them a little harder after adding the liquid cooling kit though

11. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

greetings.welcome and hello lol

nice stuff you got there.i too have heard good things about powerbass subs.

glad to have you here.hit us up with what ever.we dont just answer questions and what not.we also just chat it up about....what ever.

post a vid too if possible.we all like vids.

as a matter of fact i need to post some of my new amp.check it out.

12. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Which model is it? I'd say you'd be lucky to be getting 400 watts rms from it, but still descent.

13. GohillaAudio

GohillaAudio Full Member

i have no clue, it got scuffed off...lol

14. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

15. pedro quiroga

ok then 500 watts is about right for that amp.

16. GohillaAudio

GohillaAudio Full Member

WTF! when i got it off ebay, it was listed as a 2000w amp, and even had a sticker on it that said "bazooka 2000w max power" aint that just some bull****!

17. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

you should never pay any attention to max power. Doesn't mean a thing... When you look at amps just look at the RMS power.

18. pedro quiroga

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  19. GohillaAudio

GohillaAudio Full Member