I'm getting Fukin ****ed now

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by aznboi3644, Nov 29, 2006.

1. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Caddy you lazy basterd, where the heck you been?

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Already took the rear panel and accessed the plug....yes there is a long flat one and a small square one like in the picture....much help Ranger. And there is no factory sub

I love you...I love you man haha

I'm not gay but I'm just glad that one person knows these damn wires. No one on the12volt.com even knew....they deleted my thread over there about this.

3. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

Azn you need adobe acrobat reader to view the pages i posted that you cant seem to get to work man.

4. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Any installer would know this because we have done it countless times. Others would not have a clue. Many people just plug in speaker audio directly into the Ford amp, typically this is not a problem as the Ford amp can handle the signal. The problem is what happens when you amplify a signal thats already been amplified. It easily distorts. We could put an RCA (low level) signal into the amp except that the Ford Factory Radio uses a 6.5-volt output on its low level signal on BOTH the positive and negative outputs going to the amp. An aftermarket HU can have 6-volts but the shield (negative)is ground, causing problems when trying to feed a low level signal to the amp. So BYPASS It Glad I could help

Now for Caddy, The Bose system is Proprietary. It was originally designed to work with Bose and only Bose. We can easily change HU's and interface into the Bose system, thats no problem. Changing speakers is a problem. The best way to deal with Bose is to do a labotamy and start over.

5. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

HAHA, i feel your pain azn, i spent 3 days up north in a freezing unheated garage in december trying to get the ford amp to turn on! And i bought all the adapters, harnesses but one was a little different. Finally ended up saying screw it and bypassed it. Spent about a week trying to research it too. They didn't make it very user friendly thats for sure. But i am using the ford factory speakers, six of them and they sound amazing, are you using your factory speakers?