I'm getting Fukin ****ed now

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by aznboi3644, Nov 29, 2006.

1. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Ok...Metra is gay, Ford is gay, and ford is gay.

Everything is so damn complicated and nothing works nor fits right. Metra doesn't even make an amp bypass for my 98 explorer.

Colors of wires going to the amp in 8 pin plug
    -green
    -blue/black
    -white/red
    -purple/white
    -orange/white
    -yellow
    -brown
    -blue

Colors of wires coming out of amp in 11 pin plug

-orange/green
    -green/purple
    -blue/white
    -black/yellow
    -white/blue
    -pink/yellow
    -blue
    -white/green
    -green/orange
    -brown/pink
    -orange/red

The amp bypass harness does not work...Metra can suck my dick cuz the kit is made for my model and year truck yet it doesn't fit....hmmm...faggots.

I've tried to bypass my amp about 4 or 5 times. Last time I tried it at the passenger kick panel...three plugs...all of them affect the sound when disconnected.

What speakers are what colors??? I'm really getting ****ed off and tired of all this sh!t. I posted this up at the 12volt but the mods deleted it. Why they deleted it I have no idea....maybe because I said that their site didn't help any for the wiring. Either way they are gay now and just ****ed me off even more.

Anyone here know what the f u ck these color wires are??? Highly doubt it because ford is gay but it's worth a shot.

Sorry about the tone of this post but I am really really ****ed off...also I'm trying to not smoke all this week and that isn't helping either

2. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

ford IS gay when it comes to stock audio systems with amps. I hate them. A lot. What I did.. rewired the system from scratch. Ran new speakers wires to all locations and hooked them up to an aftermarket amp from an aftermarket cd player. Screw factory amps.

3. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

4. DREAMZmustang

DREAMZmustang Full Member

FORD IS NOY GAY!!! but the stereo wiring does suck

5. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

6. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

why not just rewire it all?

7. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Because getting to the wires to the doors is a lotta work

How come no one on earth knows what these colors mean???

8. pedro quiroga

davids link seems to look like its what you need
    has colors for speakers and all

9. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Well the link doesn't work for me...I even tried to get to my vehicle from that homepage and it doesn't work

Wanna copy and paste it here??

10. pedro quiroga

ok i have another way to find the right wires to your speakers.

i've heard that you can use a 9 volt battery to find what is what.

when i was rewireing my system i did that. since all my wireing is the same color.

when connected to the batt the speaker will make a pop sound,i dont know what it will do for your factory set up

11. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Not really because I need to know what the colors mean for the small 8 pin connector.

I have a 92-97 style system supposedly because on the factory amp the metra kit does not fit...there is the big plug and a really small one with 8 wires in it for the input. Seems like the power and ground and remot are all in the output plug of the amp

12. pedro quiroga

sorry thats all i got.wish ranger was here he can probably help

13. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Yeah...he needs to get his ass here...even the customer service guy at Metra had no idea what the colors mean

14. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Sorry Azn, i dont remeber all the colors! Here is a simple way to run the wires into the door if ya want to rewire them. Simply identify the 2 wires going through the jamb, cut them in the kick panel and connect them to the aftermarket wire you are running. Could also use a coat hanger wire to run through tte grommet. Now, as far as using a battery to check for a speaker, use a 1.5 volt D cell....that is plenty and wont hurt anything (usually!!! ) If you have components in the door, with a seperate x-over, you will need to reverse the polarity to the wire from the battery each time, as it will chatrge the caps in the x-over.....

15. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Did you locate your amp, its behind the right rear panel. Its location will be around the same place as your right rear tire, I can not remember if its just in front of the hump or just behind the hump (old age), but that where Ford puts them.

Because you said early style, does that mean you have one 8 pin plug (all the plugs are in a row) and one small square plug with two rows of 4 wires. Is that right?

16. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I left my computer at work on, that means I have access to my info from home.

The top picture is the amp plug for 93 and earlier. The bottom set is for 94- 98 Ford Amps. We go by position not color because Ford amps could have a number of different colors on the input side. The output side should be standard Ford colors.

[​IMG]

if you dont have a Factory Sub, ignore the sub plug

17. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Thats some kick ass info Ranger! Good Job!!!!

Ford, among others, always seemed to have variations in wire colors for some odd reason. Over the years, GM seems to be the most consistant, i will give them that.

18. CadillacETC1997

CadillacETC1997 Well-Known Member

rofl
    try workin with bose in lacs
    nuff said