I'm Back!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by jonnyv713, May 18, 2008.

1. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

just like this...

chevelle stripes.jpg

2. jonnyv713

got the hood on tonight and buffed the entire car one more time with the last 2 steps. i hope this weekend it will be getting painted finally.

Hood on 1.jpg

Hood on 2.jpg

does anyone have any idea how hard it is putting on a hood by yourself?!? the gaps are very close. i am gonna call it good enough.

Hood gap 1.jpg

Hood gap 2.jpg

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

looking good. keep it up. how soon will you be able to drive it?

4. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

looking good jonny. I couldn't have done that when i was your age.

5. jonnyv713

thanks guys
    and i can drive it now, it just isnt legal right now, i wanna get personalized plates that say ICULKIN lol while it is gettin painted. then all i gotta do is put in headlights and she shall be ready to roll! as soon as it is done with paint i am getting new tires. then after a while i am getting tinted windows and my amp and wires!

last sunday i got a 14" rapi-cool electric fan- that costed $110 and new brake lines for $15 a piece.

sorry, its taking forever it has to be ready by the end of the month hopefully. i am really gonna start to boogie on it.

6. jonnyv713

car is done. It is going to get the front clip painted saturday. i drove it around a little bit today, and went and put $20 of premium in. it made the car run MUCH better. I'll tell ya, this car can actually get up and go. its rather suprising after it 3 year rest. lol Dam, i suppose its time to get it liscenced, thats another 100 bucks! i am hopefully geting the amp soon, too.

7. jonnyv713

got bored today so i washed her up and took a pic. shes startin to clean up pretty nice. tomorrow i am goin to get plates. i am almost possitive it is going out for paint friday.

PICT0235.jpg

8. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

suggestion: get in them wheel wells with some soap and a scrub brush and clean it up there, hit the exhaust too. It will really make it look a lot cleaner. With my car i even turn the front tires full and clean the suspension as well.

9. jonnyv713

alright, will do. Thanks CC!

10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

but i have to admit that the paint looks real good now. that black really comes out. you did a great job.

11. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

really nice. damn son you dont waste time! cant wait to see her finished

12. jonnyv713

thanks guys, my last step with the black is to use black magic wax. it is supposed to enrich the paint molecules or something special. so im gonna try that next.

13. jonnyv713

UPDATE: i drove the car around today. this car drives sooo good for an 87. i got my personalized plates too, well ordered them. they will say 87 OLDS. tonight i also dropped it off at the paint shop. the fron clip is being painted black for now. i have to round up money to buy parts for a new motor, hood, and another entire paint job now. the amp i hope will be a present and i willl eventually buy the wiring soon. somebody called my car ugly, i said f*** you, wanna race? they had some newer mercury thing