I'm Back!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by jonnyv713, May 18, 2008.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

2. pedro quiroga

3. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

what? im confused...lol

4. pedro quiroga

i heard one of those and was surprised with the output. thats what made me get my 6in tube.

5. jonnyv713

ok, well my dad said he loves em but he wants to wait till we get real NOS to see what color the bottle is. and we dont wanna spend the money on the jag when we r doing other cars right now.

6. jonnyv713

Well, I finally took some pics of the motor in the Jag. I dont remember what thread i said i would take some so i just put em here. its not the cleanest the motor has ever been because my dad drives it to work and the parking lot at his work is gravel and there is alot of traffic which raises alot of dust so i wiped it off real quick.

Motor 1.jpg

Motor 2.jpg

Motor 3.jpg

Motor 4.jpg

Motor 5.jpg

7. CadillacETC1997

CadillacETC1997 Well-Known Member

best mod to a jag with an inline 6
    drop a chevy 350 in....

8. pedro quiroga

sweet......

9. jonnyv713

This one had a V12

10. pedro quiroga

still have the dual tanks?

11. jonnyv713

nope, it doesnt come with dual tanks. it has one that is between the backseat and the trunk.

12. pedro quiroga

oh i see. a friend at work has one with the 6 in it and it had dual tanks.

good thing your not trying to put subs in it. lol

13. jonnyv713

lol, ya. is that the vande plas or whatever? its a 4 door right? Cause i know those have dual tanks. I have also seen a Vande Plas with a LT1 Corvette motor in it. It was sweet!

14. pedro quiroga

it is. ....

15. jonnyv713

heres a pic of the progress on the cutlass
    Cut Boom.jpg

today i greased the whole front end, took out the shocks. Boy, were those shocks a b8888 to get out. I ended up grinding the buts off them. Tomorrow i am going to get paint for the grills, spark plugs, plug wires, cap, rotor, air filter, and i think we might go have some paint matched for the car! Also, we might go look at tires for it too!

16. jonnyv713

OH! i forgot to tell you guys, i found another one almost exactly like mine! its an 83 but its only $200. i havent really seen it yet, but my friiend looked at it and hasnt gotten back to me.

17. jonnyv713

Did i ever post pics of the nose? Well, if not here ya go.

Cut front.jpg

Cut front_01.jpg

and i have made the final decision with my painter that i am gonna throw a quick cote of lacquer on the front and the fender, then this winter it will be completely stripped and have a new motor put in, but before the motor it is getting a complete new paint job. It will be base coat clear coat black with either red or white racing stripes. not decided yet, can i have some opinions?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008