I'm Back!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by jonnyv713, May 18, 2008.

1. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

heres somepics of what i got done today. not much but hey its more than nothing. im gonna try to do most of the car tomorrow.

Clean cut.jpg

Clean cut 2.jpg

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

it's looks a hell of a lot better than it did before. good work jonnyv!

3. jonnyv713

thanks. its alot of work but its definately worth it! i plan on painting it very soon too cause we have been sanding alot on it. it will be on the road in no time. the next purchases are 4 13kv.2's (hopefully by the end of next week) and spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor. i also have to go get the paint matched so it can be painted

4. jonnyv713

i cant beleive how straight and non-dented this car is for how much i paid!

5. jonnyv713

well i only did the roof and the trunk today, i got home late lastnight like 3:30 and i woke up at 1:30 in the afternoon the next day and i had to mow, eat supper, and then did the car and then i had to go to the races.
    Cut roof.jpg

6. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

wow its really looking good. is it drivable now?

7. jonnyv713

it is just about there. i think we r gonna finish the front end bodywork tomorrow and send it to paint. the guy that is supposed to paint it is in jail right now and has 30 days so idk who is gonna paint it now. it should be ready for the road by the end of the month for sure. its moving kinda slow but it will be done soon. i will take pics of the front end tomorrow.

8. jonnyv713

does anybody know what this is a picture of?!?

PICT0205.jpg

9. pedro quiroga

the front grill you want to black out?

10. jonnyv713

well, its a grill that i drove 85 miles each way to get!!!! that thing was so hard to find!!!!!!!

11. jonnyv713

do u think that would look good? i was thinkin about blackin everthing on the grill but the chrome...

12. pedro quiroga

blacked out? sure it would. i would do it

13. jonnyv713

here are the pics of he grills taped so i can paint them black, i think.
    PICT0206.jpg

PICT0207.jpg

this is a pic of the two motors that might be getting rebuilt for a new motor for the Cutlass this winter
    PICT0208.jpg

14. jonnyv713

I ampainting one of the grills tomorrow, i will post pics as soon as they are done :D

15. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

yeah, black it out. it would look a whole lot better that way

16. jonnyv713

ok, well i thought i had some paint for them but i dont. i will have to do it another day... :mad:

17. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

That car is pretty much the same as the Buick Grand Nationial isnt it? Find a Buick Turbo V6 and drop that in, with a little mods it will put out a ton of power and still be good on the gas.

18. jonnyv713

ya they are all G-Bodies but i really hate 6 cylinders in old cars like this. i dont care how much power it has, i just hate them im not too worried about gas mileage causei am used to gettin 6-7 in the dodge. i think i am gonna build a 355ci. i will take the block on the left in the picture to the machine shop and have it boiled and torn apart then bored .030. then i will go to my local Motor Parts Central and buy a $200 rebuild kit. these kits are incredible, idk how they sell them so cheap. then, lastly i will throw a high rise air gap intake on it with a Holley 650 and be on my way. Those are my plans for this winter.

19. jonnyv713