Iasca & Db Drag In Arcadia,fl

Discussion in 'Pictures and funny Stuff.' started by pedro quiroga, Feb 15, 2008.

1. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

It doesn't say when you can use tones, i'm guessing at Street Division it starts..

2. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

BASS RACE DB DRAG

Bass Race is a new format of auto sound competition specifically tailored for “real” auto sound systems.

Bass Race Highlights

Simple rules.
    Contestants must play music (instead of tones, sweeps, etc.)
    Contestants are classified by the performance of their system (as opposed to equipment, cost, experience, etc.)
    Contestants are required to skillfully control the operation of their sound system. (This added dimension adds excitement to the contest.)

A Bass Race competition is comprised of two parts… Qualifying & Eliminations.

Qualifying

During qualifying, each contestant’s sound system is measured with an SPL (Sound Pressure Level) meter. This meter measures the average SPL of the contestant’s sound system in dB over a period of 30 seconds. (Remember, you can only use music CD’s while competing. In addition, all doors, windows, and other openings to the vehicle must be closed.) At the end of the 30 second measurement period, the contestant will be placed into one of six Bass Race classes based upon the contestant’s score.

The classes are:

120.0 dB to 129.9 dB
    130.0 dB to 139.9 dB
    140.0 dB to 149.9 dB
    150.0 dB to 159.9 dB

This method of classification groups contestants with similar scores in the same class. The result is a contest that is fair for the contestants and exciting for everyone!

Eliminations

After everyone has had an opportunity to qualify, the 8 loudest contestants in each class will be randomly paired against one another in the quarter-final elimination bracket. Each pairing of competitors will compete against one another in a head-to-head fashion. The winner will advance to the next round of eliminations and the loser will be eliminated from the contest. This form of competition will continue (semi-finals and finals) until there is a winner for each class.

The elimination rounds are where things get tricky. The following violations will result in a score of ZERO.

Red Light – Playing your sound system BEFORE the 30 second clock begins.
    Over Shot – Exceeding your classes’ maximum score at any time during the run. (Example: A contestant scoring a 132.0 at any time during an elimination run in the 120.0 – 129.9 class would result in a score of ZERO.)
    Over Rev – Revving the motor in excess of 2000 RPM’s.
    Venting – Opening a door, trunk, hatch, sun-roof, window, etc. during the run.
    High Freq – Playing a bass note in excess of 80 Hz to obtain a maximum average score.
    Test Tones – Using test tones or sine sweeps for program material.

Tie Breaker

In the case of a tie, the following steps will take place to determine the winner…

· First Tie-Breaker – Re-run the round.

· Second Tie-Breaker – Shut down the engines and re-run the round.

· Third Tie-Breaker – Shut down the engines and re-run the round by operating the system from outside the vehicle.

Although the rules for Bass Race may seem simple, a certain amount of practice will be required to become proficient. The following section will help you improve your score.

Tips, Tricks, and Techniques

Music – Find a commercially available music CD (no burned CD’s, test tones, etc.) that contains a minimum of 30 seconds of bass. Each sound system is different so don’t hesitate to experiment to find the song that works best for you.

Average – To maximize your score, you need to fully understand how the SPL meter averages your score. The following examples describe this process…

Example 1:

If in the 1st “second of time” you have a score of 90 dB, your average score is 90 dB.

If in the 2nd “second of time” you have a score of 100 dB, your average score will be (90+100) / 2 = 95 dB.

If in the 3rd “second of time” you have a score of 120 dB, your average score will be (90+100+120) / 3 = 103 dB.

The same process is carried out for each second of measurement in the 30 second judging period to determine your final average score.

Example 2:

If in the 1st “second of time” you have a score 0 dB, your average score is 0 dB.

If in the 2nd “second of time” you have a score of 0 dB, your average score will be 0 dB.

If in the 3rd “second of time” you have a score of 120 dB, your average score will be (0+0+120) / 3 = 40 dB.

As you can see, reaction time is crucial. But be careful. If you play your system prior to the start of measurement, you will “Red Light” and your score for the run will be set to 0.

Be Prepared – Have your CD ready. Reaction time is very important. You want bass music to begin as soon as the SPL meter starts to measure. Songs with long introductions (and no bass) are not recommended. Music tracks with a strong and continuous bass beat work best.

Stay Informed – Once in the lanes, park your car so that you can clearly see the display score board. The information displayed here is critical to controlling your sound system. Remember, you want to maximize your average score WITHOUT busting out of your class (Over Shot). For example: If you are competing in the 120.0 to 129.9 class, the ideal score would be a 129.9. This is as loud as you can play your system without exceeding your class maximum.

3. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

haha, oh man, they are going to impound my car!!

Any time a competitor posts a score that could potentially result in a new World Record, the following procedures shall be undertaken to insure the validity of the score...

The competitor's vehicle (and podium) shall be immediately impounded by the dB Drag Racing officiating staff.
    The officiating staff will then perform a mandatory Vehicle Audit.
    The SPL measurement equipment shall be inspected and tested for proper operation. If it is determined that an equipment malfunction has occurred, the competitor's score shall be nullified. Once the problem with the equipment has been rectified, the competitor's vehicle will be re-judged.
    The officiating staff must unanimously agree that the competitor's score is a valid score. If the officiating staff cannot reach a consensus on the validity of the score, the competitor's score shall be nullified. Depending upon the nature of the dissent, the competitor may be re-judged or disqualified as circumstances dictate

4. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

I'm confused lol, i guess the rules will change a bit from different competitions, i'm sure they will tell me which class lol. Hey what is this cd can it be had anywhere?

Competitors must use the officially approved dB Drag Racing competition CD at all multi-point events. If an event takes place prior to the release of the official CD, then the previous year's CD may be used in the interim. (Please visit Competition Rules for more information regarding the current season's officially approved CD.)

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

the judge let me use his cd.he even let me find my frequency prior to judging.

then i burped it and he said i won my class.

i should mention.although i hate to admit it.i was bumped to the next class cause of this guys kid[​IMG]

can you belive there is an 8 in there and it metered a 139.7db.that was in the box though.under the top right mid.so it was really like running a port warz set up

6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

hitting 139.7 in a small box is easy but still cool though because it is a damn power wheels.

7. pedro quiroga

yeah it was cool...

8. pedro quiroga

i fixed the link to the trophy pic..
    [​IMG]

9. pedro quiroga

you know i just had a thought.my last box with 350 watts hit a 136.8db.

this guy had 2 10's and hit a 137.1.with more power i should be able to get at least that or more.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Because his setup is for show and not for performance.

Lol its kinda funny that you are on his tail with a single 10L5 and 350 watts when he has two SoloX 10s and 2500 watts haha

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  11. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

That is funny, 2 solo x's and 2,500 watts. compared to yours at 350 watts. Just goes to show, it's not how many watts you got, it's all in the box...

The guy with the solo x's. His box looks to be sealed. right?

12. danracer

danracer Full Member

nice score man...136.8 is what i did on saturday on a local show with my van off...but i have 1 15 and 900wrms so it is a sad score lol but congrats n your win and on the really nice score

13. pedro quiroga

no no i USED to run my 10 at 350 watts.i'm at only 220 or so cause i'm running it off of 1 half of my 4 ch amp at 2 ohm mono.

so with a simple rewire. running my 2 M50's to my 10(1 bridged.245x1 per coil@ 4 ohms) i should be in the high 30's.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  14. pedro quiroga

im going to use my polk 12" for level setting my M50'S so they are damn near in sync with each other in output.

plus i have a secret weapon...
    [​IMG]
    my amps gain on the sub is at near ZERO!!!cause im sending it over 8volts of signal.thats why i run my sub out at -15 or more.

hell even on some songs with my bass vol on 0 i have tons of bass.

15. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Pedro...what do you want for that??

I'll mail you a custom enclosure for that lol

16. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

holy s**t. only 220 watts??? Damn, I hope i can reach near that with my L5 when i get it in. that's crazy, gain near zero and sub setting at -15? are you PG amps underrated?

17. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Looks nice, is that allowed in competitions?

18. pedro quiroga

sorry azn.not for sale.its part of the install...
    [​IMG]

19. pedro quiroga

sure it is.its a trunk mounted eq.