I Updated My Website

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by geolemon, Jul 23, 2004.

1. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Well, it's not the book on car audio that someone was asking about on another forum... but it's getting there. :D

I redesigned my website once again, organizing it more logically, and added some new sections to it.

http://www.betteraudio.com/geolemon/

If you haven't seen it before... this website was built for a few purposes:
    1) explain various car audio topics so that I wouldn't have to type so damn much on all the forums.
    2) document projects and experiments for when I come up with off-the-wall ideas, and no one else has tried them before me, and I want to see the results.
    3) document other aspects of my life that have ties to car audio.

It's evolved over the years-
    The articles on car audio topics are really meant for aspiring enthusiasts - you don't start out in car audio knowing everything... in fact, probably precious little that can truly help you plan a good system.
    It's also because it's often an eyebrow-raiser seeing certain myths being perpetuated by people who are supposedly not newbies, and often with regard to something that's really fundamental.

So, these articles are both to educate on very fundamental things (that often don't get much, if any discussion otherwise!), or else to debunk myths...
    ..but always, to explain "why". :detective: That's the most important part, IMO.

I've actually got some more webpages out there, like this one, that I don't have linked from this main page... I'll be figuring out where all those go soon, stay tuned for updates.
    :bag:

Anyway, there's my public service for the day. :)

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Mr Fancy and the JScript

I like it though

3. fugyaself

fugyaself Full Member

Aye.

Now I have something to do tomorrow while I wait for a certain someone :) Think that getting into a car audio mood is a good idea before a date though?

4. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Thanks!

Most of it you've all seen before, I'm sure.
    I've got a few new things in the works, not quite up yet, so pardon the "under construction" pages. :blush:

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

you will never be done, Like car audio, web sites are never finished :angry: :( B)

6. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Cool, I've wanted to get a usefull website up for a while now, never get the time to do it though.

7. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Well, if you have any ideas, specifically - things that you said "man, I have to write about this!", let me know, if you aren't going to..
    Maybe I'll be intrigued to write something about it like you were!

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Chris,

you are beginning to get as bad as Mike. Always changing up your websites :p

9. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

All I do is work on the design, I have no content. :) The problem is I wouldnt know what to write about besides a huge ass links section.

10. _gonz_

_gonz_ Full Member

Links are always helpfull.

Another thing i'd love to see... is more people taking internal pictures of amplifiers.
    Like this guy- http://arawndark.netfirms.com/

Geo, its good work. It needed to be done too, you had alot of different stuff spread out on your different pages. Good to get it condensed.
    One thing i noticed recently, was your install photos... you host em on yahoo? The bandwidth was exceeded and as i was showing someone your trick stuff, we ended up with nada.

IF you can't stick your photos on BetterAudio's server... i can help you resolve photo hosting and bandwidth issues for free.

I can also help you with your graphics, as previously offered. It's what we do man.

11. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

its an addiction

but a Cheaper one than car audio

I used to change Car stereos like I do web sites :eek: you can image how expesive that was

now that I have actual bills :angry: :angry: :angry: :lmfao: I can do like I did when i was younger

web sites only cost me time :p

but if you figure my billing rate x the number of hours I spend on this site

you guys owe me $1,000,000

Pay Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :alien: :baby: :bag: :ban:

12. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

Crap.... that's like $1gazillion CAD....

13. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

I have my pictures hosted on better audio's server, for the most part.
    The only exception is my "scrapbook" link, which just links to a part of my old geocities website... which is now owned by Yahoo.

Geocities is how my nick, geolemon came to be. ;)

14. _gonz_

_gonz_ Full Member

The only prob with geocities/yahoo is they have a bandwidth limit.
    As such, when you go and post about your site, that limit gets maxxed quick.
    If ya duplicate the images from the scrapbook onto the BA server, the B/W limits won't be an issue. Then your scrapbook visitors won't get "locked out"... so to speak.

15. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

yeah, I've thought about that in the past..
    It's sort of one of those "one of these days..." sort of things. :D

16. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

so mr fancy web designer when are you going to update Better Audio's main site.....

17. fugyaself

fugyaself Full Member

Good idea. :detective:

18. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

I'm not taking credit for that web site... at least the front end.
    I'm not personally a fan either..
    But we'll update it soon, I'm sure.

If anything, I need help making the cutsie little graphics, like Michael has for the top of this site, and Seth's site.

You know me.... I want to learn how to DIY them, but I don't have the experience at this point. :(

19. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I woudl not take credit for it either :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

just joking

atleast it is better than adires :puke: :puke: :puke:

20. fugyaself

fugyaself Full Member

I wouldnt change the face of the site but change the news or something. Give us something to look forward to :) Let people know that something is coming...soon hopefully.