I finally did the big 3

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by cccullen, Feb 1, 2009.

1. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

like the title says, I finally got off my butt and did the big 3 today. Next weekend hopefully I can get the builds done and reinstall my set up. I used my 1/0 ga welding cables for the ground and I used EFX 1/0ga for the alternator to battery. Don't pay any attention to my engine bay cuz it's dirty right now. I'm just glad it's out of the way now!!

Attached Files:

2. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

Conga Rats! noticeable difference in the engine/charging systems?

3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

well, i don't have any amps hooked up so I really couldn't say. I can say this, before I had a slight noise in my components, it is no longer there now. That made me really happy

4. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

some feedback reduction huh? Better ground you think? good to hear though!

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

wait! i thought you had that done already.

also thats a dirty engine to you?lol. that looks way better than most ive seen.

6. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

lol, you have an oil leak at one point? the lines look awfully glossy... reminds me of my Pass port when i blew the tranny line off of it...

7. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

nice...don't worry my engine bay is MUCH dirtier. Yours is spotless compared to mine.

8. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

my lines are glossy because i put amor all on them. lol

9. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

nope, i never did it. I meant to do it but I never got around to it. I had slight dimming when I had my system in and it ****ed me off. Hopefully I won't have that problem anymore...

10. pedro quiroga

so i guess your gonna keep the truck for a while?

11. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

that looks good CC

12. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Yeah, I'm just going to keep it for a little while. My wife doesn't want me to sell it and It's not that easy to sell either. lol

Now, i'm trying to think of ideas on the look for the set up in the back. anybody have any ideas?

13. pedro quiroga

what's wrong with how it looks now?

14. delkoe2320

delkoe2320 Full Member

My big 3

i did my big 3 like 2 weeks ago. i noticed my 15 l7 were bumping harder. but the head lights still dimming. i guess im gonna have to buy ho alt. and an optmima battery! aaaaaa:lol:

15. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

cccullen this may be why your system was never as loud as you wanted it. congrats it really helps!

16. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

thanks G3, I hope it will help...

Pedro, nothing is wrong with it at all. just thinking I should change it a little. should I just keep it the same?

17. pedro quiroga

if it ain't broke.....:p

18. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

that's true. well, azn is doing a new box design. I probably just redo the box and make a little design with it. I do have to bring up the false floor by about a 1/2" and I also make a space to where the distribution can be seen (it has a voltage reading on it).

I also picked up a car lighter volt meter thingy. I'm getting about 14.10v and it drops to 13.9 at night when everything is on and my load leveling compressor goes on. I don't have the system in yet but is that good enough or will i be running into problems when the set up is installed?

19. mcrdeviation

mcrdeviation Full Member

Have u hooked it up yet to see the changes ?? I was thinking I should try the big 3 before the HO alt, but regardless, both are coming. Question, where did u get the double outlet for the battery posts ?

20. pedro quiroga

most stereo shops sell those. or look on ebay. they shouldnt cost more than 10-20 each.