How to set up my subs on my amp

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by Rspoon, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Rspoon

Rspoon Member

i have a 2 channel 1000 watt amp and 3 10" subs can i put one sub on each channel and put the third bridged or should i bridge all three? any other ideas would be helpfull. thanks, Ryan

2. Riff Raff

Riff Raff Tom Da Tech

First we have to figure out what other equipment you are running and all that other good stuff

3. Rspoon

Rspoon Member

its going in a boat, i have 2 kenwood 6x9' 4 pyle 5 1/4's 2 all on a 1000 watt 4 channel pyle amp being fed by a new kenwood head unit. i have a 1000 watt pyle 2 channel amp, 2 sony 10's and 1 rockford 10. the sonys are in a box and the rockford is open. the 2 channel has a remote bass control knob. the boat is wired with dual batteries, a high cranking amp starter battery only used to start the motor and a deep cycle battery feeding the system. the batteries have an automatic charging relay between them, a perko switch also. i also plan to install an onboard battery charger to support the excessive pull on the battery so it can recharge between uses. the two sonys might not always be in use fir the sake of space on the boat.

4. Riff Raff

Riff Raff Tom Da Tech

Ok great Now I know what you got so I have an Idea. The H/U is just that so lets start there. Next the amp Pyle is an ok brand but the wattage is well over rated a 1000 max may put out 300 rms in truth so if your looking for super loud and super clear well you might wanna go a little more higher end. but if you wanna work with that then here we go. You take the amp and connect to the 2 Sony 10's in the box. I am not sure what to do with that open 10 yet. Connect the remote base and install it where its astetically pleaseing Possibly on the electrical pannel ( switch panel ) be sure to cover all the wires that are exposed cause air. On the water everything corrodes but you already know that. Use the dual battery's as you were going to do and you should pretty ok

boat motor inboard, outboard Or an In Out Drive ? This would make a great impact on the install of wires and all. Well I hope this helps some what.

BTW you might wanna look into making some Fiber glass custom boxes in the corners of the boat if you are worried about room They stay out of the way and wiill not take nearly as much room as a box and still look and sound great. Not to mention you can install all three 10's in the boat and never worry. See told you I did not know what to do with the last 10 LOL I just figured it out.