Hey all. I have one :D

Discussion in 'Automotive PC (Computer)' started by saahild, Apr 29, 2008.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

oh ok. cool.

2. saahild

saahild Full Member

You can use a lilliput on any computer or laptop. Some people just do that. It is basicaly a mouse but instead of having that mouse like thing you just press on the screen and it clicks there for you. Connects via USB so any computer with a usb and a vga port can be vied and controlled by a liliput or similar screen.

That thing will need some software on the computer but is tres cool in that you can get gauges that show you all engine parameters right there on your screen. And you can datalog and diagnose and keep an eye on afr and vehicle speed. If you really wanted to you could get a print out of your journey to work, the rpms, the speeds etc and compare it to your journey back home.

3. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

ok, sweet thanks. I'm sure i can get in there with the right software and do a little engine tweaking lol. I have 3 lcds here that's why i want to use one of these instead of the liliput.

4. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

I just need a motherboard and that dc-dc converter and i'll be set lol. Should have the rest here.

5. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

-------------------------

Attached Files:

6. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

too big? lol

7. saahild

saahild Full Member

You sure you can make that fit?

8. pedro quiroga

jeeze man! a little too big,lol

9. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

lol, just wanted to see, i have one more to try.

10. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Hmmm, guess i'll go with a lilliput, is there any other cheaper brand or a good website to buy?

11. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Where's that throttletune guy, get in on this, i know that you know that i know that you know that you know about software for tapping into the engine haha.

12. saahild

saahild Full Member

lilliput is just the most commonly used brand... TBH just pop to ebay and type in vga touchscreen. Loads of options there :D.

13. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

Well I know me and a buddy of mine used the Greddy E-Manage on his 3KGT and I personally used DSMLink DSMLink Homepage for my management.

The thing is you want touch screen and I always just used a plain laptop so I am trying to think if I remember anyone who had touch screen on their engine management.

14. pedro quiroga

15. saahild

saahild Full Member

For the heavy tuning ofcourse you need a proper keyboard and mouse and maybe a bigger screen but for data logging and mild tuning a touchscreen is more then sufficient. Just use the stylus instead of your finger really. It is more the advantage of switching maps, one for water injection and the other for without (say if you run out of water or there is a pump fault) so you still have a fast map instead of a safe limp home mode. Or maybe an economy tune and a performance tune. You can just quickly (within reason) switch between the two. Ofcourse for serious first tunes I would still prefer having a keyboard and mouse there.

16. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Yes! Sweet haha, I need ford software does anyone know of more. The dsm link is a little expensive. I was hoping to just buy the data cable and get the software on my own. I'll probably go with a 10 inch touchscreen LCD and i can always add a mouse and keyboard, was going to do that anyways. They have mini keyboards on ebay.

17. saahild

saahild Full Member

I dk if u guys have maplins but they have some very nice mini keyboards

18. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Cool, ya they have lot's on ebay like those too. I should just buy this instead of messing around and having to find a place to put the touchscreen. A little pricey but it is nice.

Xenarc Technologies - MDT-X7000 - 7" IN-DASH Touchscreen LCD VGA Monitor

XENARC MDT-X7000

7" IN-DASH Touchscreen VGA Monitor / DVD Receiver

For In-Car entertainment, In-Car Computing
    TMD Automotive Grade LCD Panel
    Fully motorized screen with Tilt adjustment
    Built-in 55w x 4 amplifier
    Built-in CD, video DVD player
    Built in DVD decoder with Dolby Digital 5.1
    USB DVD-ROM in PC mode
    Built-in AM/FM Radio Tuner
    5-wire resistive Touch Screen (USB)
    Multi-Monitor Touchscreen Support
    DVI Input x 1 / VGA Input x 1, AV Input x 2
    PC Audio input x 1, AV Output x 1
    Built-in 2 port Front Access USB hub
    Multi-function remote w/ PC media playback control
    Front panel PC Power switch control
    On Screen Display Control via Touchscreen
    NTSC / PAL Multi-System
    16x9 Aspect Ratio
    High Resolution Display
    Night time backlight dimmer for night-time use
    High Performance Video and VGA Processor
    High Quality Scaling & Anti-Aliasing
    Automatic display adjustment
    Anti Glare Coating
    "E" Mark Certified for Automotive use

Attached Files:

19. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

electro, if u buy that would be interested in selling me ure pioneer?!?

20. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

sure lol, won't be for a while though, i'd have to save for this, it's about $750-$800