here are my amp choices. wich one?

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by connerray2010, Jan 11, 2011.

1. connerray2010

connerray2010 Full Member

What about the "will I hear when it distorts" question?

2. 6.5ldiesel

6.5ldiesel Full Member

You will hear the sound of the subwoofer "change"
    I was trying to find a vid of a distorted signal vs a undistorted signal, no luck

When you turn the gain up from minimum, the subwoofer will get louder (of course) then you will get to a point where the sound starts to change, and sound different, I guess you can describe it as higher pitched. That is distortion, its hard for me to describe.

3. connerray2010

thank all of you guys i will probly be back with more question. thanks

4. morespl

morespl Full Member

It will sound like when a cat purrs

When the kicker square subs distort kinda of thuthuthuthuthuthuthu like you hear boom boom but you hear a noise that you don't hear on other subs.

5. connerray2010

6. connerray2010

And can some one figure the fuse deal out? it has no builtin fuse "holders" i read somewhere it needs a 200A external fuse. Is this true?

7. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

bottom line.......what you wanna spend?

8. 6.5ldiesel

6.5ldiesel Full Member

Hifonics amps don't have internal fuses like most other amps. You will need to run a 200amp ANL inline fuse.

9. connerray2010

well price range was 100-150 but it is 200-250 give or take 10. iv heard hifonics brutus amps were high quality, am i right or wrong? ONLY about 2 weeks left of this stressfull debating left so plz bare with me and thank all of yall for being nice and not shooting me with hatred. (my mind is exploding) just someone shoot me some good quality amp brands in my price range.

10. 6.5ldiesel

6.5ldiesel Full Member

Some people have had good success with hifonics amps, the ones I seen last are the older ones. Ive had the never 2009 2000w brutus and always hated that amp.

Try looking into the cadence amps, or my personal favorite the Rockford Fosgate Power series line of amps.

11. tommy2tone

tommy2tone Full Member