here are my amp choices. wich one?

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by connerray2010, Jan 11, 2011.

1. connerray2010

connerray2010 Full Member

and why cant i go into that "presentation thread" in the "trash forum"

2. connerray2010

i just ordered my 2nd l5 and wondering if i risk blowing them on a 1kwm sony xplode wile i wait to get the money for that AP or SS you recommend? (dont realy care about the amp blowing just the subs.

3. connerray2010

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

yes i belong to a new car audio club. Team Under Pressure.

i used to belong to DB unit, but i got out when one of the teammates started to bring the name down. he owned the rights to the name so a lot of us left.

5. pedro quiroga

your not a moderator. thats why. its a spam thread i put in there.

6. 6.5ldiesel

6.5ldiesel Full Member

No dont worry about it, dont send the amp into clipping and adjust your gains to the HU's voltage and you would be fine

That sony puts out 500w rms not 1000, that is "peak" power, which is marketing bull to get people to buy their amps thinking they put out alot of power.

Ive ran an audiopipe 1500w for about 4 months, pretty solid amp, i just got rid of it to upgrade to a larger amp/subs. If your on a budget thats what i would get.

Also i see nobody here told you, get a good custom built enclosure, don't get a simple prefab box...they will make your subs sound like complete poop...(can sound better/louder)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  7. pedro quiroga

im sure i mentioned it in another one of his threads.

8. morespl

morespl Full Member

either one is good it automatically comes with the bass knob

you would have to run the sony amp with the subs in series and parallel or it might exceed the ohm load burning the amp and possibly blowing the subs and don't turn the gain up thinking the subs can handle it because they need more power you just start distorting and blow em.

9. 6.5ldiesel

6.5ldiesel Full Member

Sorry about that didn't look through his other threads, wanted to point it out since the enclosure is very important to how you want your system to sound..(Pretty sure you know)

10. connerray2010

That's y I sed 1kwm=1000 watt max lol. But iv ran 2 wall mart special pioneer subs, a kicker l7 10 (that I blew becas I had it wired at one ohm and I didn't know it) and my current l5 with the gain compleatly up and have had no problems with cliping or any probs for that mater and I had th pioneers hooked for awile (and i didnt know the l7 10 was 2ohm)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  11. pedro quiroga

lol ,no need to be sorry. still good advise.

12. connerray2010

But we are talkin bout more power useage here to. What is a good seting or how can I tell if I start clipin?

13. 6.5ldiesel

6.5ldiesel Full Member

What i like to do is turn on a 50hz 0db track, put the volume on 3/4 of the max possible volume, turn off all EQ, bass boost ect off. I turn the gain to a minimum and start the track on repeat. Turn the gain up until you hear ANY amount of distortion, then back it down a little.
    This is your maximum gain setting for those subs, anything more they will be distorting, which will lead to problems...

Ive been using this method for years, i have yet to blow a single sub, or single amplifier.

14. 6.5ldiesel

6.5ldiesel Full Member

I must of overlooked the m in there, well we all have to learn someway right?

15. connerray2010

recommend any tracks? (u mean songs, right?) and can you clearly hear when the distortion starts? does it sound kindof like a guitar distortion? i never been this deep into this conversation but i dont want to ruin $250+ set of subs lol. sorry for the newb ?? but gota learn some were right.

16. 6.5ldiesel

6.5ldiesel Full Member

PM me, ill help you out

17. tommy2tone

tommy2tone Full Member

I'm sticking with the amp I linked earlier in the thread(soundstream)that Audiopipe looks ok too,but anyways you can download 50hz tracks from the internet.Just google search it.It's not a song or music,it's just a tone.

18. 6.5ldiesel

6.5ldiesel Full Member

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/downloads.htm
    Where I get all my tones