Help with 1 pair of RCA outputs

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by kart96, Jun 23, 2011.

1. kart96

kart96 New Member

Yes, I know this is marine and not car, but try find a marine audio forum.

Same animal in any event. Can anyone advise:

I have a Clarion CMS1 source unit.

It came hooked up to 4 speakers, and an XN3210 with one subwoofer wired to it.

The XN3210 fried. I am waiting for a new one on warranty. Because I have another use for it I decided to upgrade to the xn3410 and put all of the speakers through the amp.

Thought this was a great idea, untill I went to install and realized that the CMS1 has only one pair of RCA outputs labelled "line out rear left" and "line out rear right".

If there is some sort of LP xover built into the source unit, the clarion site, nor manual say anything about it.

The XN3410 has 4 RCA inputs.

I was going to split the RCA outputs from the source unit and use all four inputs on the amp, but now am concerned that the RCA outputs are labelled "rear."

The XN3410 has way too many settings for a newbie like me to understand. That will be my next project. For now I just have to figure out whether I can even use the amp for the front speakers.

The XN3410 does have a great manual showing speaker combinations and switch settings, but nothing about the settings dependant upon how the source unit is connected.

I realize that much of this is pretty basic, but that is how new I am to this.

Thanks for any help!

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

you can run a line out converter from the front speaker outs and change them to rca outs.

a decent one can be had for 20~30.. a 4ch one can be found as well, and you may still use the rear rca's for a sub woofer.