Gun Control lets get fired up here

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by The_Ancient, Mar 8, 2002.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

:nono: :stupid: :uzi: :rocket: :sniper: :dapimp:

2. superman

superman Guest

I have was out of town for the weekend, and I wasn't near a computer, so this is the first I have had a chance to read this post and reply.
    I am an avid hunter, I love the sport/tradition of hunting. This age old tradition would be greatly affected by the banning of guns or even strict laws on ownership of certain guns, or not being able to keep them in your own home, etc.
    I believe that guns are one of our last resorts of defense against an intruder in our houses. By no means are guns the only defense, but should always be looked at as a last resort.
    Just as a car, a plane, or a lawn mower for that matter, the person behind the "weapon" totally decides what the "weapon" is to do,deadly or peaceful. Just as we all saw on TV when the planes were crashed into the twin towers. Planes don't kill people, terrorists flying planes kill people----guns don't kill people, Dangerous people kill people.
    Well that is my two cents, sorry If I repeated what other's said, I just am so passionate about this topic, I had to post.

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I'm an avid hunter too. Lets be real though, when was the last time you hunted with an Uzi? A M16? An AK-47? A Bennelli? Let's be real. These guns do not belong in the general population. Read my list of guns, in my first post. Also read what happened to my neice. If that kid had a shotgun, his errant fire may not have killed her. Why is that type of weapon really needed?

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

you are also forgeting that THOSE guns have been outlaws to the general public for years I will have to find the date of the law but it was made in the gangster days

A Person in the Public could get one but it had to be purchased after a HEAVY back ground ckeck woht the feds and they will know you have on

Which I am not neccisorly for give what those list can do should this contry ever be envaded (and dont say it cant not happen because it can)

I am for restricting assult type weapon buy not banning them

I dont even bitch when they want to restrict ALL weapons but when they start banning that is where I draw the line, as well as Forced registation

5. superman

superman Guest

I totally hear you NAT MAN, There are some guns that were made to do just one thing, just kill people. Some guns were made to be hidden easily, or put the most lead into someone as fast as possible, and generally not made for the sport of hunting that you and I love so much. I agree with you NAT MAN, sorry about your neice, that's a tragedy.

But to end on a lighter note, I CAN"T WAIT TO GO TURKEY HUNTING THIS SPRING!!! I'm gonna get the big boss Tom!