Grand Nationals

Discussion in 'Car Repair' started by sandt38, Feb 18, 2002.

1. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

All nats are black. They have chrome and black rims on them. The interior is only for the Nat's. It is black with grey center sections in all the seats. They are all front buckets and rear bench seats. The only years worth a damn are the 86 and 87. Look for the 8th # in the vin to be a 7. The blue on a nice one is $12,000. The Blue Book value has increased steadily over the last several years. A great investment, collectors item and a POWERFUL car. If you can afford it, get it.

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

i am a cheap bastard, I will go get a regal amd make a "look a like"

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Hey, the regal T-types of 86 and the turbo regal of the 87 year are GN's in disguise, and can be had for under 6grand.

4. JTz62

JTz62 Full Member

Yeah, I think that's the next ride after I sell the Impala. I've had a few Regals, couple of Cutlass' , and a Monte before, but never a T-type, or turbo. Was '86 the only year they made the T-type?

5. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Just found out its $8k. Wish I could afford it. Its got that "I am faster than you" look.

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

87 was the year of the turbo regal. from 78 to 86 they mede the T-type. same car different name. Pre 86 were non-intercooled and I believe it was 82 down were carbureted. Non-intercooled are not desireable cars though. Very weak. Carbs sucked on these cars.

7. Lowlivin2002

Lowlivin2002 Full Member

Were you using nitros at all? My friend runs low 12's in his 82 IROC without any nitros. He's having problems with his back end, lack of weight or something like that, so I think he's putting struts and a bunch of other stuff. He's hoping to cut a second or so off his time after that.

As far as those talking about 4.3's, my friend is putting a 4.3 in a Mazda. Well, it's my Mazda B2200, but the engine in it completely ceased, so I had to get rid of it. Anyways, he's got the engine, the transmission and everything it needs. Do you all think a Mazda B2200 lowrider can take that power?? It's either gonna be sitting on 13 or 15 inch knockoffs. No racing tires. Do you think he'll run some good numbers regardless of the fact that it's gonna have a body drop and sitting on tiny wheels??

8. stacy532

stacy532 Full Member

why the hell would

he care about hauling ass in a lowrider? Knockoffs tubb out when you peel out too much!:wtf:

9. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

No nitrous. I hate nitrous. Fags who can't develop power like a man, add on a poor mans supercharger.

Yes the mazda will yake a 4.3s power. Now, a 3.8 turbo, it would blow those back tires off that thing. All it would be good for are smoke shows.