Feedback driving me mad!

Discussion in 'Home Audio Talk' started by DaveDSMer, Nov 12, 2006.

1. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

Ok I have 2 Pro Dynamic TX1200 speakers set up in my front room.

http://www.prodynamicsusa.com/txspecs.htm

These are powered by a Gemini Amp and controlled with a Gemini Pre-Amp.

The problem is I have this constant feedback in the backround. If I turn the gain up though the feedback is lessened by a bit. I tried going to bestbuy and getting one of those powerstrips with the audio filters and that only helped a tad. I have had this set up in at least 4 other locations with no feed back. Here in my new house I just cant seem to get rid of it. I have tried running the wires every which way without any help. Anyone have some ideas what it could be or what I could do to get rid of it.

2. Willy D

Willy D Full Member

Dave....it sounds to me like what you are describing is a ground loop noise...

Try this...Disconnect everything except the power amp and speakers...Turn it on...Is the noise there? If your power amp plug is a three prong, go get an adaptor that accepts that and goes into the wall 2 prong....This is "lifting" the ground...If the noise goes away, you know that is the cause...Bad ground on a recepticle can cause this noise to enter the system through the AC plug....Try that first and see what happens....is this an older home?

Willy

3. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

Ok Willy, I will try it out. age of the home.. my guess is early 90's. I will give you some info when I get back from work and try what you say. The power plug is a 3 prong. I think I may have an extension cord that accepts 3 prong and goes into the wall 2 prong ill look around.