engine noise for speakers

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by mojoboy02, Dec 19, 2011.

1. mojoboy02

mojoboy02 New Member

HI I have a engine noise coming for my speakers. Can someone help me fix the problem. I'm running memphis mclass 5 1/4 front speakers and mclass 6x9 rear speakers and a memphis mclass 75x4 amp to the speakers. I have jl 4 channel blue rca to the amp. I get the noise if the head unit is on or off.When the head unit is off the amp is off.What can my problem be.

2. deepbass

deepbass Full Member

Its interference. Dont know how you can fix it but check your speakers wires aee away from large electrical wires. I had a old stereo that did this. Never know what tge cause of it was other then it was interference

3. danny_khan

danny_khan Full Member

are you hearing that airplane like noise.. Like when you press a pedal you hear a whistle like noise from speakers.

4. mojoboy02

mojoboy02 New Member

Yes I'm hearing that whistle noise. I got new rca's and but new speaker wire to each speaker. And the speaker wire is not near any power wire or any wire that has power.

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i had a similar problem with just my passenger dash speaker, i had noise with the radio on or off, but in just that speaker... turns out the speaker wire from the crossover was next to the computer and its harness. i moved the wires a few inches away and zip tied them to another bunch of wires that did not affect the sound.

when i first got my truck i had the rca's close to the cigarette lighter harness.. it caused noise too.