Elemental Designs ED 13Kv.2 ChrisFish

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by electrolytic, Sep 29, 2008.

1. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

hey man, i ran it through many different ways and bassbox is saying to do this!! lol. It will be loudest overall tuned to 39hz, i tried many ways to tune it lower but i think you would lose too much power. Try this man, bassbox has been very kind to me, my box kicks ass. You can ask ccullen too how his is.

This is 3.176 cu feet tuned to 39.54 hz, hitting 139.2 db at 40 hz, without cabin gain lol. It should pump nice.

Attached Files:

2. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

3. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

4. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

what will mine do? will it be that loud?

5. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

...................... .....

Attached Files:

6. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

........... ....... ........

Attached Files:

7. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

................. ............ ...........

Attached Files:

8. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

yours was 138.3 db at 40 hz i believe, it's in your post in the graphs i posted

9. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I can 2nd the motion. the box electro designed was 50 times better than my 1st box.

10. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

oh ya cccullen is your system finally loud enough to rip your dick off?

11. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

it was pretty loud, my wipers would jump a little. lol

I took the system out cuz i'm trying to sell my car now. so no bass in my car anymore... it sucks but i gotta get rid of my truck, the prices on them here are really going down fast so it's time to find another car. hopefully, if my expy ever gets sold, there's a BMW 528i waiting for my. i'll put my system in that.

12. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

then it will be time to try a different box!

13. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

and i can't wait to try another box!!! that's the fun part! lol

14. Fish Chris

Fish Chris Full Member

Well hey now Electrolytic.....

first off, I totally appreciate all of your work. I'm sure that box would be LOUD ! And I could very easily build it spot on, to what you have shown. In fact, I've saved a link to this thread.....

A few things to come to mind though;

1) A few less DB's for 10hz lower frequency would probably be okay with me.

2) I'm wondering if, by having a much larger port area (ED's vented enclosures have 39 sq inches of port ! (3" x 13") ....if this would help to retain some of that power, but still get a little lower too ?

Hmmmmmmm......................

Peace,
    Fish

15. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

The port sizes depends on what my program tells me lol but i can make it how you want, not sure what the ports will be though. So you want it tuned to 30hz?

16. Fish Chris

Fish Chris Full Member

Hey Electrolytic.....

I'd like to say > yes, 30 hz..... as that's what ED says the design posted on their site is tuned to, plus as I have said, I tend to lean towards a bit lower, and not quite as loud anyway.... But then again I'm not sure if the ED box is really closer to 33 hz, and if they are just figuring in for the cabin gain situation ???

If you don't mind, try this....

Go here; http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

And plug these numbers into the adjustable spaces > 29", 16.75", 16", 20", 1", 2.75", 8.5"

This design sticks pretty closely to ED's numbers, only jumping from ED's 2.8 cubes, to 3, and from ED's 39 sq in port area, to 40.56, and from ED's (supposed) 30hz tuning, to 33hz.

.........or, you can change that last number (the 8.5") to 16", and this will lower the tuning from 33hz, to 30hz.

Also, anything you want to run through your program, I totally appreciate that too. No matter what I end up going with, I'm really getting into the comparisons.

Much thanks again,
    Fish

17. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

RE Audio Calc sucks

18. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

lol, ya i don't use those. Here's 33hz, i don't see any reason to go any lower. If this was mine i would still choose the first box i designed at 39hz, but that's up to you. The orange lines in the graphs are 33hz and the red lines are 39hz.

Attached Files:

19. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

20. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files: