Ebonics....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by AbRaKaDaVa, May 1, 2002.

1. Syzygy

Syzygy Full Member

this thread makes me want to puke.

Mike, think about what your saying before you say it. At first your argument was totally illogical and ignorant but later (when you realized this) you reformed your opinion to acceptable.

Point, although you did rightfully object to an ignorant opinion, you SERIOUSLY need to learn comunication skills. Saying junk like "shut the fuck up" and "your an idiot" is rude and imature. It says nothing to fix the issue, only pisses people off and disrespects your knowledge.

ILL- I could'nt have said it better myself, thank you for bringing light to this shit-hole of a thread. You are a true American.

2. PointSource

PointSource Guest

Syzygy,

You won't find a post like that from me in the past 3 years. That was the first time I was so blatant with someone.......so, no, I don't need to SERIOUSLY develop my communication skills, they are all in tact.......

I was extremely upset at the time of that certain post.......I should of re-worded, but I wanted to him to know that was way, way off........and he should of been corrected..........what he said was EXTREMELY offensive and just plain out stupid.......

Superman:

Getting close but not there yet.........so, no, I don't just have "beef" with Michael in general..........

ILLCOMM......you are definitely in the right again.........good post man.......

3. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

Yeah, you're all right and we're all wrong because YOU say so...

Let me buy into that real quick...:rolleyes:

You've got your opinons (WRONG in my eyes)

We've got ours (WRONG in your eyes)

This thread is dragging, go find some radioactive puddles to play in or something

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

My opinion has not changed, I reformed the words i used to convey my opinion, but my opinion on English being mandatory still remains the same, if you can not interact with the vase majority of the populus you are a danger to yourself and to others, PERIOD

5. PointSource

PointSource Guest

Who is this directed to..........?

6. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

Syzygy or whatever his name is

7. bigbumpin16

bigbumpin16 Full Member

RCEUC!!!

ahh geo that is god damn hilarious

good ol comic relief right there!

8. Lowlivin2002

Lowlivin2002 Full Member

When I think of ebonics, I think ignorance. Maybe it is not in the minds of those who speak it, but surely in the minds of many others who hear it. Whether someone wants to take sides and say that it is cultural or something along those lines to speak ebonics is kind of absurd. If they want to excercise their american right and speak ebonics, let them. It kind of segregates the diffferent cultures even more, but if it makes them happy, let them. I just think that it should be a "must" to be able to speak decent english when going out into the real world. Whether to get a job or buy a fuckin cheeseburger, it matters little which. When I worked in fast food, you have no idea how many people came up to the counter to order something and I couldn't understand a word they said. And then they would get pissed at me for not understanding. That was complete bullshit cause I would get in trouble for not understanding and messing up the order cause the person had no fuckin idea what they were telling me. I'm sorry for those who get offended about ebonics and racism. They go hand-in-hand. I'm not a racist, but I will say it is very much alive today. It is sad, but I find myself thinking racist sometimes, even though I am friends with a lot of blacks and hispanics, being in Florida you don't have much choice!! It just makes me sad that people who can't speak english well graduate from high school. That you can walk up to the counter at the local convenience store and the clerk says "Dolla nine five". I mean, what the fuck is that?? English may not be the national language, but it should be. I'm ignorant in saying that, but i'm very proud of my ignorance. I mean, I don't go to China and expect my ass to be kissed and everyone I see on the street should speak english to appeal to my needs. I think it's ok other races coming here from other countries and what not, but I'm tired of hearing that these people get a leg up in our country when they barely speak english. I've said my due, I'm done. Sorry if I offended anyone, it's just my opinion.

One more thing, that whole welfare thing. It is very very fucked up. You have no idea how many people I see on welfare driving nice cars and shit. And at the grocery store pulling out wads of money when it is more than obvious that they don't need it. I know someone who is a close personal friend of mine that makes pretty good money that is on welfare. He doesn't necessarily need it, but he works every day, and only uses it every so often. I think they need to buckle down on the requirements to get welfare. And I think they should investigate welfare corruption a lot more closely!!

9. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

LoL Did you ever see when that drunken jackass ODB from Wu-Tang took his whole family in a big limo with like 22" rims on it down to to the welfare office in NYC wearing a mink coat with a bottle of cystal champaigne in his hand and collected his welfare check??

LoL it was hillarious, but sad and disturbing at the same time...The guy put his fucking welfare card on one of his goddamn albums (which came out LONG before this MTV stunt that i'm talking about) for christ sake, is everyone thats hadning out welfare blind or something??