Ebonics....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by AbRaKaDaVa, May 1, 2002.

1. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

Here is my official view: it would be nice if everyone is this country could speak a common language well. Maybe our society would not be so prejudiced against certain ethnic groups. However, by no means do I expect every person here to give up their cultural heritage to be an American. Ideally every person here could speak several different languages so communication would not be a barrier in any cultural group. IMO, of course.

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Maybe your right, if that is the case then we need to MAKE english the national language

I for one am tired of having to try and communite with people that do not want to learn the same language as the masses, if you can not speak english and refuse to learn why do you want to live here, I am not going to bend over backwards for people that refuse to bend a little themsleves, it is a two way street, if they are willing the learn than we should teach them, but if they are not willing to learn then why are they here?

90% if not more, of the people in the contry speak english, it is common sense to me atleast that if your going to live here you better speak english

3. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

However, that comment came after Pointsource made the comment I quoted. It basically evolved into a pissing match.

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

would you walk in to someones house and tell them to "shut the fuck up"

I know I would not. I believe I have earned a little more respect than that, at any rate I have put him on my ignor list so anything he posts I will not see,

I would have never posted that had he not started with is little additude

5. breathe

breathe Full Member

True, I won't bend over backwards to help them, unless per say they are tourists. Just like if I lived in mexico and didnt speak spanish I wouldn't expect anyone to bend over backwards for me, but if I was just traveling I would expect some help since I do not know much spanish. Most are here to live a better life, but if they don't want to learn or don't want to try to learn what the masses speak, they will have troubles. I was just saying nobody should have to leave the land of the free because they cannot speak english.

6. breathe

breathe Full Member

But seriously, this isn't like a house, its more like an public auditorium. Its a public forum, ya know? There should be strict registration rules if it were more like your house. Two different opinions that went to the extreme to stand up for what they believe in, but it should'nt ruin any friendships.

Friends should never discuss politics.

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

LOL, I dont think you can call us freinds, he seems to get his jollyies off by attacking me in anyway he can, and he does it alot this was not the first time

8. breathe

breathe Full Member

You get the jist (sp?) thou? Politics brings out the most argumentitive side of people.

9. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I agree, and i think it is fun most of the time, but I just dont like being told to shut the fuck up. that get my blood boiling

10. breathe

breathe Full Member

yea, people can get really upset at the views of other people.

I mean i did not agree with you, but didn't take it to the extreme, just put my case on the table and debated

11. JohnnyD

JohnnyD Full Member

ebonics .... that just shows ignorance, thats all it is

If they choose to sound like that at their job interview or whatever let them "do dey thang"

The school I go to there are a total of 8 (up from 6) white people now, 2 of my friends have gotten sent there now.

I have been told i sound stupid when I talk, "white folks be soundin so proper, it be gettin on my nerves", I let it pass, I know who really sounds ignorant.

Now when someone from another country walks in my store speaking the most garbled english ever , I give them a chance, I understand they still want car audio. I say excuse me, Im sorry I couldn't understand that .... Not too much of a problem, They try their best or find their friend who speaks english a little bit better.

Thats cool, Now when they come in there go ubdula jula booma fooma and get upset cause i can't understand what the hell they just said and are like psssh and sigh and act like im causing them a problem I get mad. I tell them strait up I can't tell what your saying and walk off

It all depends on attitude

12. PointSource

PointSource Guest

You make me sick .............

You've said a lot of stupid shit thats for sure........and I call you on it.....

The XR debate, the Fosgate debate, and know this debate.........

So cry me a river...............this is a PUBLIC FORUM..........

So, "no", I don't get my "jollies" off by giving you a hard time....I call you on your stupid ass remarks, regarding this or that....

Chadillac,

No, I wasn't way out of line. He needed to close his mouth about the issue. It's evident he is totally un-educated about the certain topic. He could of offended a lot of people........

Sure, he has the right to make a comment like that, regardless of how irrational or plain out stupid it was.........

Then he threatens me......whats that shit about? How classy and mature for an administrator.......

And remember people, this is a fuckin Internet Car Audio forum. If you don't like what it is, don't read it. Michael, if I bother you so much that you have to put me on your Ignore list.......that is horribly sad and pathetic........

Please copy and paste and time I tried to "belittle" you for spelling and grammar...............

Oh you can't? Thats what I thought.......

So you are pretty much off base Michael.........

13. PointSource

PointSource Guest

Then don't make stupid ass comments like that..........you could of offended a ton of people, including myself........

Do you happen to know the race, religion, culture of everyone on this forum?

Oh you don't?

Then that was pretty fuckin stupid to say.......

14. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

:urine: <-------Mike

:urine: <-------Point

*Puts on his Don King Wig*

ITS THE BATTLE OF THE CENTURY!! ITS THE RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE ITS THE BIG KABLAMA IN SAVANAH ITS THE SMACKDOWN IN CRACKTOWN COME ONE COME ALL!!

WHO WILL WIN?!?!?!

:D :D :D

15. breathe

breathe Full Member

Just use the wookie defense.

16. PointSource

PointSource Guest

Don't even get him started..........he is the administrator, he will eventually win, with the use of his "power"......

He got upset because I called him on something.........oh well.......it is not my problem his blood pressure raises from the local Internet Audio Forum......

17. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

Don't even crack a smile point? :(

I thought it was funny =P

If only you could hear my Don King impersination :D

heheheh

18. superman

superman Guest

Ebonics inhibits communication with the majority, and unlike people that truelly can't speak english, people that speak ebonics CHOSE not to speak English correctly. This in end pisses off us English speaking americans because WE CAN NOT COMMUNICATE WITH THEM!!!
    I have a lot of patience for those that cannot speak english at all, but is pisses me off when there are those that CHOSE to speak ebonics, and basically CHOSE to not communicate with me.
    English is the dominant language OBVIOUSLY in america, what are 99% of the street signs written in, ENGLISH!!! What are the names of 99% of the store or corporate names written in, ENGLISH, and what are 99% of the newspapers written in, ENGLISH!!! With these few of MANY examples it is fare to say that america is an english speaking country.
    It is not a racist thing, or ignorant thing to get pissed of when people speak to us in ebonics (us being english speaking). The person speaking ebonics obviously doesn't care about communicating with you, or charish the language of our country. This very fastly becomes an issue of insulting us as americans, taking the language of the nation and throwing it in the trash. This NATURALLY pisses us off, so don't come down on Mike or any of us for getting mad that others CHOSE not to communicate with us, and disrespect the language of our dear country.
    And for those that DO want to speak ebonics, treat it like another language, and when speaking to an english speaking person SPEAK PROPERLY PRONOUNCED ENGLISH TO YOUR BEST ABILITY!!!

19. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

YEAH!!!!!! ENUNCIATE MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!! :D