Ebonics....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by AbRaKaDaVa, May 1, 2002.

1. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

Okay, is it just me or is this the most ANNYOING "language" and I use the term loosely....ever?? I swear it's just a bunch of lazy idiots that can't speak English correctly trying to sound "cool".

Okay...example...I hear it every fucking day and it just makes me want to whomp on these fucking idiots with an English book..."Whu Up Cuu" Okay...now...not only is this a complete slang sentence but its even been SHORTENED FROM ITS ORIGINAL SLANG FORM!!!!! It used to be "Whut Up Cuzz" which original would be something along the lines of "How's It Going, Cousin?" How fucking stupid can these people get??

And don't bash on me saying that I'm racist and that its a "black culture" or some bullshit like that, I've heard people of every race...actually almost more white people than black that do this and it just enrages me to the point of wants to stab people. I'm all for a little slang or even a little accent it would be nice if they could keep it within the lines of actually being understood...

Is anyone with me on this or am I just nuts??

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I am in the FIRM belief that is you can not speak AMERICAN english you do not need to be her

Exsample

Mexicans that can not speck english need to go back to mexico or LEARN english

Cadanians that can only speck french need to STAY IN CANADA or learn english

Ebonics has no contry and to me is NOT a language, I ven hate the term Afican American, Why are THEY seperating themsleves from the rest of the culture

I am from german Italian Decesnt (with indian as well) you do see me going around say

I am a German.Intalian/indain american do you

NO

i am a american plain and simple

I am not a racist

Treating some on differantly because fo race is Racist

THAN INCLUDES TREATING THEM BETTER than others

3. ILLCOMM

ILLCOMM Full Member

ebonics is part of a cultural identity.

black people aren't trying to sound "cool." it's about being unique and developing a way interact amongst cultural peers. the reason america is go great is the cultural diversity. imagine the bland world we'd live in if it were left up to you guys.

if you don't like it or other languages you can feel free to move to a communist country...you'll like it a lot more there.

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

ebonic IS NOT a languge

you think that is a "true" african culture :rolleyes:

Having "culture" is one thing, but you still HAVE to communitcate with the rest of use, that INCLUDED using our NATIONAL lang. of english

5. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

Yeah...okay...

They take a language already in existence and then mutilate it to the point where every time they say something to someone who is unfamiliar with the ridiculous amount of slang thrown into it it's followed with "Uhhh...could you repeat that please??" or "What the fuck are you talking about?"

That’s not originality, that's stupidity...Ebonics came from the fact that black slaves were unable to pronounce the English language correctly...well the black community demands their equal rights and their respect and their unity with everyone else, but yet they still speak in "slavery slang"? That’s completely idiotic. The fact that it has even spread out to cover other races who don't even have an excuse for it is so insanely stupid that it makes my brain hurt...

I'm not talking about the accent that many black people have, I'm talking about when it gets to be so bad that the words they use don't even make any sense...some slang and an accent is fine, as long as it is UNDERSTANDABLE...but when some moron is on the phone when I'm trying to order a pizza or get my phone line hooked up and I have to ask them 2 or 3 times to repeat what they say...that is just flat out ridiculous...

6. ILLCOMM

ILLCOMM Full Member

learn some history. grow up. you ignorant fuck.

7. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

Maybe you're the one that needs to open up some history books...if you're going to act like that why not go back to *Clears throat* Where you came from...or is it down again?

8. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

This country makes no sense, You wouldn't immigrate to Italy and just go right on speaking English and never learn how to speak Italian and then get all bent out of shape when nobody respected you or understood what the fuck you were talking about...

But here, they change the fucking road signs to accommodate the Cubans who have taken over many parts of Miami...

In schools they cater to the kids that just moved here by sticking them in normal classes and giving them TRANSLATORS?!?! Instead of first teaching them English in a separate classroom and THEN integrating them into the rest of the school's population...In my last school I must have known 30+ people from other countries that had such a horrible grasp of the English language that they came off as complete idiots because they couldn't speak right...had they been taught it when they first entered into the school system here...maybe they wouldn't be failing out of high school right now....

"English is the national language...unless you don't feel like using it"

9. PointSource

PointSource Guest

Did you just seriously type that? Oh my dear lord .......

By the grace of god almighty, you need direction.....

Take a few Sociology courses........I just lost mad respect for you Michael ......one that doesn't share your language shouldn't live here?

Thats one of the most MORONIC things you have ever said.....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

10. ILLCOMM

ILLCOMM Full Member

the history book don't say that slaves couldn't pronounce english so they developed a "slavery slang" that is ebonics today.

instead they were never taught english. they were never taught to read. in fact, they weren't given too many oppurtunities to assimilate themselves to the culture they were forceably brought to at all. Time, however, has proved that the african american can obviously speak (pronounce) english...so that comment is baseless.

11. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

If I were to movve ti france I would learn french, if i moved to italy I would learn italian, if I moved to mexico I would learn spanish

why because that is there native lang, and I would want to communticate with them

English is our lang. so immigarnts should WANT to learn this lang and most do, but there are a few that would prefer all americans to learn THEIR lang vs them learning OUR lang. and that is not going to happen, if they want to live and communitacte in our country they need to read write and speak out lang.

12. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

Ummm...you just proved me right...they weren’t allowed to attend school/read/write and they couldn't figure out how to speak English so their attempts came out all messed up...which eventually developed into what is now known as "Ebonics" or "Morons who can't talk right"

I never said that all "African Americans" (What kind of bullshit term is that anyway, they're just people who's decedents are from Africa who just happen to live in America...they're fucking Americans) can't speak...nor did I say that the problem itself is limited to blacks...you're missing the entire point.

If you're going to live here, speak english...if you want to sound like a completly uneducated moron, speak "Ebonics"

13. superman

superman Guest

So if they have proven that they CAN pronounce english, why don't they? Why do so many chose to use this ebonics when trying to communicate with others, that would be like me going to France and speaking english even though I know french.

It all comes down to basic communication, if you want to communicate with someone, then SPEAK THERE LANGUAGE!!! And if you don't speak the language, then I am sorry to say, you come off as sounging stupid. At my job I have to communicate with countless Hmong, Japanese, Chinese, etc. who don't speak the language AT ALL, and it is an automatic response to assume that they are dumb, I have to take a step back and realize that they don't think with a language barrier, they just don't speak the language. So you can understand why I am so confused at the fact that ebonics are used when it defeats the purpose of communicating in an English speaking country. Is it proven that African americans can pronouce the english language, or are thousands of african americans going to great lengths to prove you wrong by speaking ebonics ILLCOMM?

14. nosduj

nosduj Full Member

it just annoys me when people show their own stupidity by using slang words that dont exist..thats one of the reasons that i hate mainstream rap..i mean really, wtf is one-tweezy...i know 112 is a club..but thats totally different..its just so annoying...sometimes i want to pick up a freakin rock and bash certain rappers in the head...

15. PointSource

PointSource Guest

Keeping on trying to climb out of the hole you dug yourself.......

So now, its, "they should WANT to learn our language"........I can accept that, for communication purposes......

However, its a little different then your totally IDIOTIC post:

Mexicans that can not speck english need to go back to mexico or LEARN english

Cadanians that can only speck french need to STAY IN CANADA or learn english

What the fuck were you thinking when you said that??

America is based on INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOM.

Go educate yourself.

:rolleyes:

16. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

HEY!! DUN BA PLAYA H8TIN ON ME AND MUH DAWGS B!! IMA BUST YO MUTHA FUCKIN GRILL UP BIATCH, WORK FRUM DA STREETZ STR8 UP IN DIS MUTHA FUCKA WORD UP FO RILLA IMA KILLA

*Shoots himself*

Slang in music doesn't annoy me as much as in every day speech, at least in that situation it does have some sort of a background as in it is part of a style of music...as I said, a little slang, UNDERSTANDABLE slang...isn't a bad thing, I just can't take it when it gets to the point of.... well...*Points up* That =P Most rap that isn't mainstream is much lighter on the slang and much easier on the ears IMO...the radio must die :D

17. marquisgt

marquisgt Full Member

Everything else aside (I don't really want to get in on this one).... dude, your spelling is atrocious! :p

I don't mind ebonics too much, only in it's extreme forms. What gets to me is when people cannot form proper words/sentences. Many times ebonics is a choice just to be cool. As long as that can be backed up with proper English and grammar, who cares? Most instances it cannot, though.

18. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

it is not my spelling, it is my typeing, I have large fingers and think faster than I type there for when I am typing fast things get all screwed up I some times forget to proof read before I press sumbit

but ohh well I still know what I am talking about

19. marquisgt

marquisgt Full Member

You suffer from typing dyslexia :D

20. breathe

breathe Full Member

African American isn't just what that particular race calls themselves, but also what other races consider them as. It is their race, what are you going to call them, black? While I myself have no problem, people in particular do. That is why there is African American and Caucasion American. I don't believe someone who cannot speak english should leave. What is the official language of America? Yup......there is no offical language, therefore, people here can speak whatever language they wish. Because the masses speak English, it might make it hard for them to get thru in everyday life, but to say because a small minority can't speak the same language they must leave is ridiculous.