Dodge Powerwagon

Discussion in 'Car Repair' started by TheViking, Oct 17, 2006.

1. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

I live in the state of Missouri, dont know about the laws for open headers and loud vehicles, but i live out in the sticks, and only go to town once in a while so its not too big of a deal, hell half the hillbillies like me run open exhausts... and as long as i keep my foot out of the pedal, it really aint that loud....at least to me!!! havent been hassled by any LEO's yet about it

2. Sarcastic

Sarcastic Full Member

I live in the middle of Kansas and they do not even care around here unless your creating a raquet at 3am. Hell we do not even have yearly inspections and if and when you do get your vehicle inspected there is not a emmisions check.

3. DREAMZmustang

DREAMZmustang Full Member

ouch that sucks man, what im runing in the hatch drag car is a 392 stroker with wiseco pistons and crank bored .040 over with fr500 4 valve heads with a trick flow lower intake and a gt-40 upper intake with 42lbs injectors, single garret t3-t4 ball bearing turbo with custom made headers and 3" down pipe with open exhaust,front mount intercooler with a forge bov and running a 10 to 1 compression ratio and a msd ignition.interior gutted with a 2 summit racing seats and an 8 point rollcage,fiberglass hatch,hood and doors with a sn-95 9" rear with 3.73's and all wheel disk brakes, eibach lowering springs and center line wheels from weld racing on hoosier drag radials and it's recent dyno test was lastmonth and it did 837.82 rwhp and thats with out a bottle but im considering getting one too, my best pass at the track was 8.23.3 in the qaurter mile.

4. DREAMZmustang

damn you got me there as a matter of fact ive got a 89 dodge 1500 pu with a fuel injected 318 and let me tell you i love to beat on this thing it so fun but it is so f#@king slow though but what do i care its a beater

5. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

well, i did a quick check of the carb and surrounding area for any vaccumm leaks today, i think there MIGHT be one near the #2 cylinder around thge intake manifold....Odd....

I didnt have time to pull the carb and double check things, (tryin to get a few doors on the shop before the snow flies)......When the wd40 was sprayed around the #2 cylinder area, the mote sped up very slightly, i would gues 50-100 rpm....didnt have my tach hooked up under the hood, so not sure.....thanks for the ideas!!!!!!!! will get more into it next week.....

6. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

I didnt know you could get a GT-40 intake on a 32 valve motor, didnt think it would flow very well for that motor since they were desinged for 16 valve engines. How much boost are you running??

7. DREAMZmustang

the heads were bored and honed to flow with the gt40 intake and im running 27lbs