Did a little over the weekend

Discussion in 'Pictures and funny Stuff.' started by cccullen, Jul 20, 2008.

1. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

If you want to take up a lot of room we could do a dual 13Ov.2 tranmission line

2. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

oh my do i smell another project? dont be a wimp ccc!

3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

In that video, i had the headunit volume at 30 (it can go up to I think 40 or 45) and the Three.1 volume maybe 80%. bass level was a little over half there. I honestly can't hear any distortion at all when I put the volume up. I know that the 13Ov2's could take more. they don't look like they are pushing that hard either.

4. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

T-line........ I'd like to try one of those. I'd have to redo my false floor though. that would take a lot of work. I'm up for it though. Don't think my wife would like it too much though. lol

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

do you guys think it's not pushing hard enough now?

6. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

7. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

hmm so then they can do .5ohm all day long?

8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Not all day long...with a very strong electrical maybe...but going that low is dangerous

9. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

what about adding some extra cooling? i could go crazy on that.

10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I wouldn't want to risk my amp. never heard anybody running a NINe.1 .5ohm daily.

11. pedro quiroga

it seems to crank out the juice even at low voltage too.

so will my 9.5 put out rediculous power too at 13.8v?

12. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I imagine so. don't you love under rated amps?

13. pedro quiroga

oh yeah! so 750 out of mine isnt out of the question?

14. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I don't think 750 is out of the question.

you have another comp this weekend?

15. pedro quiroga

yup! i wasnt planning on going cus its around 100 miles away,but its another competitors last show till he moves to TENN.

ist just a 2 hr drive no biggie. hoping for new cars/trucks to photograph.:)

16. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

cool, so you're going to compete? I want to see what kinda of score you can get with the change to the L7.

17. pedro quiroga

i already went to a comp with the new sub. didnt do as well as i expected,but i didnt have the right cd track to test with.

i did a 138.5. hoping for 139.5 or more. i think it needed to be broken in more.

18. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Very nice job on the box cc, looks sick! Try and turn up the gain a bit but don't get greedy lol, any change in bass sound you will know it's too much. You can try and turn the box on it's back so the subs are facing up to the roof too. You have a big amount of space to fill compared to a car. Very nice job though, how many watts are those subs again?

19. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

thanks electro. I'll try facing the subs up to see if that changes anything. I'll also play with the gain to see if that will make it better. hopefully i can do that tonight.

13Ov.2's are safe around 600rms each. they say 600-1000 rms. 900 watts is pushing it already though per sub...

20. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

oh ok, don't fry em lol, did you measure the voltage at the amps speaker output?