Did a little over the weekend

Discussion in 'Pictures and funny Stuff.' started by cccullen, Jul 20, 2008.

1. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Even though I've been sick for the past few days I was able to get a little done over the weekend. I wanted to get the box installed but I just ran out of time.

what I did do was redo part of my false floor and put like a black kinda suede on the floor and topped it off with the vinyl. Looks a lot better, I also did the whole box in suede (I don't think it's suede but it looks close to it).

Anyway, here are some pics. I probably finish it up tonight, If i have enough time. I anxious to hear the new box.

Attached Files:

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

ooooo nice floor!

3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Thanks pedro. I like the look a lot better now. I really wasn't satisfied with the work i did on it before so after looking pics on the internet i came up with this simple design.

I hope it will look good with the new box in there.

4. pedro quiroga

it should. so did you brace anything?

5. pedro quiroga

you may be able to get some 2x4's in thru the holes to brace.

6. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I was able to slip 3 braces in there. 14.5" in height and 3 inches in width.

One between the subs (front) and one in the rear and one between the 2nd sub and ports. hope that will be enough.

7. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

looks good! that box turned out really well. the floor as well. hopefully you'll be able to hear what those subs can really do with this box.

8. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

B E A Utiful! lol i love bruce allmighty! looks really good CC

9. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Thanks G3, I hope so too. I have my fingers crossed! can't wait to get the subs in and test the box.

10. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

when do you think you'll have it all in?

11. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Hopefully tonight but the latest would be tomorrow night. I just want to make sure everything is dry (bracing and seals) before a drop the subs in it.

12. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

thanks jonny, it's getting there.

13. pedro quiroga

vids when done.!!!!

14. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

yes please!

15. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Will do that.

Had a big problem this morning and I'm going to need your advice. At 4:30am I started working on the box, wiring everything up and trying to get it done so I could install it. well, to make a long story short i didn't get it installed but I have very little left to do so it will be in this evening.

Problem, in my rush to get it finished, i accidentally hit the surround with the drill and put a REAL tiny rip in the rubber surround. What can i do to fix this? will it affect the performance? I know, I'm stupid!!! I was tired and anxious at the same time. It happened so there isn't any way to roll back time.

What can i do to fix it?

16. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

seal it up with some RTV(gasket maker) or any flexible silicone with a strong adhesive. it'll be like new.

17. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

would like a rubber cement do? rubber cement is very flexible so i was thinking about doing it that way.

At first i thought it was ok but when i took a closer look i notice there was a very small tear. well i feel a little at ease knowing that it won't cause any problems.

I'll post vids tomorrow morning my time which would be evening over where you guys are.

18. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

it would probably work for a little while, as it gets older it will get brittle. RTV is the way to go.

19. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

ok, thanks. looks like i gotta find some RTV now.

20. pedro quiroga

put it on from behind so you wont see the repair as much.