Current Temp In Oregon

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by tyrant1014, Dec 8, 2009.

1. tyrant1014

tyrant1014 Full Member

On the coast where I live, about 15 miles north of Tillamook... it is currently about 17 degrees out. That is cold for even here, in the shop it warmed up to about 32 when we got out 3 propane heaters we burned through about 100 dollars worth of the stuff... but... this is only the beginning:(

2. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

move to south florida with me :)
    its currently 68 degrees

3. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

KVO Your Lucky..
    Here in my part of Ohio it's been it the low 30's to mid 20's been snowing on and off for the past few days

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

bahhh thats not cold....lol.

5. tyrant1014

tyrant1014 Full Member

snow would be nice, it wouldn't make it seem so bad, usually it's about mid to low 30's this time of year... but for some reason it's cooler. Right now it's about 18 with 80%humidity. :lol:

And I work in a unheated 4 bay shop, with bay doors as main entrances brrrrr it's going to be cold for the next couple of days:D

6. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

its been about 13-15 degrees lately. snowing now... about to have a white out probably. getting out of school today at 12:30! Too bad I cant go play in it with the Cutty... :(

7. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

i miss snow!!!! it's in the high 80's here!

8. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

wanna trade places? haha

9. tyrant1014

tyrant1014 Full Member

The grass is always greener...

We stay pretty mild around here 35-50 in the winter 50-70 in the summer, with a few freak days on either side of that... but that has been almost two weeks ago this weather started.

It wouldn't be so bad if I had a job that didn't require so much manual dexterity. Wearing gloves is out of the question... you don't get enough feel. and you have to go de-thaw every 30 minutes.

I have a job that should only take me at max two days, but it is going to take me longer due to the cold, and the fact that I have poor circulation as it is lol

10. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

just a thought, but cant you get one of those heaters pointed in your direction while you work?

or go to wal mart and pick up a space heater for 15 bucks. if it helps an d iknow it will. grab some big boxes and make an enclosure around you to trap some heat. not sure its osha approved tho,lol.

if your working on a car on a lift then the heater in your direction should help a little right?

11. tyrant1014

tyrant1014 Full Member

we have three heaters which are like jet engines. The problem is the draft itself can never be eliminated Ii'll post up pics of the shop eventually.

As long as we keep the doors closed and the heaters going, it's in the 40's by 10