cumputer help?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by bigcam, Mar 3, 2009.

1. bigcam

bigcam Full Member

ok i got the screen fixed it was on 800x600 and i had like 4 notch's to go so i put it as small as i could. that way with this small laptop screen i can see more with outs scrolling down lol

your email is deleted

first time i redid the vista it came back with every thing i had on the computer and was still messed up. i had a choice wether to redo windows the ezy way or a custom way. well i ended up having to do it the custom way and put every thing in there file my self so i had to guess. but the custom way let me wipe out every thing on the computer. so that what i had to do and did. now im going threw and redown loading the rest of the stuff i had on here. like adoby reader, messangers blah blah you know.

i did save all my music on some CDs as data disk's and put all my pics on my cell phone memery card befor i did any thing.

i dont know if you know windows vista but i have heard from alot of people i should of got XP insted. i wish i would have but i couldn't get XP with this computer with out spending extra money.

ohh one more thing. i cant ajust my tuch pad now. where i use to ajust it at it now says mouse. i don't like it that if i tap the tuch pad it click on what ever the pointer is on. it drives me nuts because i end up clicking stuff i didnt want to click on. any idea how to fix that?

2. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

ya vista sucks, here's the link for your touchpad mouse, look down the page where it says Input Devices, click on the plus sign beside it and then the middle one says Dell Driver Touchpad/Pointing stick and click download now, then click run or you can save it to your desktop and open it from there, install it and it might ask to restart, that's ok.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WLH&osl=EN&catid=-1&impid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=INS_PNT_PM_1525&hidos=BIOSA&hidlang=en&TabIndex=

3. bigcam

bigcam Full Member

man your my new BFF lol i got it working the way i wanted. thanks. good thing i found this forum when i did.

4. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

No problem, glad you got it worked out!

5. bigcam

bigcam Full Member

i hope your still around? i have a big problem now with my computer.

6. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

he hasnt been around here for a while.

7. bigcam

bigcam Full Member

aww dang it

8. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

Post your problem though. If I ain't mistakin ranger knows quite a bit about computers and could probably help you. Or maybe even someone else...

9. bigcam

bigcam Full Member

most the time it is best to have one guy help threw all problems but i think i got it i hope. it is only running slow now.

what happend was my laptop crashed completly. the hard drive fried so i had to buy a new one. then reinstall every thing. well i couldnt get my OS drive back or windows vista. but i used some one els disk and got it back on but it takes about 3 mins to just load yahoo.com. so i am defraging it now and hope that speeds it up. with all the new stuff down loaded im sure it is all confused right now lol