cumputer help?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by bigcam, Mar 3, 2009.

1. bigcam

bigcam Full Member

i have burned music CDs that about it

2. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Orrrr, you could pick up a usb flash drive and dump everything onto that

3. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

it's almost the same except you burn as a data cd ,not audio cd

4. bigcam

bigcam Full Member

now i feel really dumb whats a usb flash drive and where do i get one? and maybe a cost?

5. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

instead of putting music you do the same but with pictures videos or whatever

6. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  7. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

You have future shop or staples or business depot?

8. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

4 GB should be plenty of room unless you have like a million pictures

9. bigcam

bigcam Full Member

yea there about an hour drive but i can drive it if i have to

10. bigcam

bigcam Full Member

my computer is like 2GB memory

11. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

You live in the boonies eh lol, ya memory is different than a hard drive or usb drive but they both get measured in GB. I have 1 gig of memory but my hard drive is 320 GB. Memory just lets info in and out real fast never storing anything there. The hard drive or usb flash drive actually holds all the info.

You could do that or burn it to a cd.

12. bigcam

bigcam Full Member

yes i live in BFE 1600 people in the closest town lol. so really its 2 gig then? and 250GB hard drive.
    man computers just dont make any sense to me. im sure you can tell lol

13. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

yes that sounds right

14. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

electro has guided you in the right way, its as simple as backing up important documents music etc. then booting off your vista disc which if its a prefab computer should already be set to do so. do what it says and pick your c: drive. Your computer may also have a seperate FAT32 partition that contains the original image of the operating system installed on that computer. which makes it as simple as wiping out your main partition and copying the new stuff over.

15. bigcam

bigcam Full Member

yea its probly ezyer then i think in just a bit scared that if some then goes wrong i have know one to call to help me fix it. if i had some one as a back up to call and walk me threw it i would probly would. but the way its been working for me its just gona shut down for good one of these days. i have to restart it about every 30 mins or less to keep it working half way right.

16. bigcam

bigcam Full Member

well guys this thing has gone to far i got some window poping up every 5 sec and wont go away. its a real pain typing 3 letters and have to reclose this dang window poping up. so i guess im running the reinstall disk.

if i dont post in here agan saying it worked out within 24 hours of this post some one ( edited out my # so the wrong person dont get it. thanks guys

post time 6 am 3/6/09

thanks guys

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  17. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

hey, i tried to call, guess your at work, you can't call me because i'm using my computer as a phone and can only call out. Send me an email or post and i can call you back when you get home.

18. bigcam

bigcam Full Member

naw im layed off all winter long im home and the phone didnt ring? i dont know why tho. and im sure you can tell i got it to work YEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAA i had 2 do it twice but i got it. now every thing is big how do i fix that?

BIG THANKS FOR LOOKING OUT FOR ME :D

19. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Sweet! So everything is zipping along again? The screen resolution can be changed by just right click anywhere on you desktop where there is space and left click properties, click on the settings tab and set to 800X600 or 1024x768 which ever you prefer. Vista might be different, going to install on my computer this weekend along with xp and the new windows 7
    Another way is My Computer/Control Panel/Display and then click the settings tab. I must have dialed the wrong number, a chinese woman answered, said her husband was at work haha

Can you delete my email address in your last post, thanks

20. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Did you get the message saying windows is already on the drive or partition that you chose? If you did you will be able to get all your pics and stuff back, it should be under c\old windows\documents and settings\administrator\my documents if that's where your stuff was, in My Documents.